Pattaya City announces continued postponement of public in-person school openings, hoping for mid August but no guarantees

webfact

tpn.jpg

PHOTO: Thairath

By Adam Judd

Pattaya, Thailand-  A spokesman for the Pattaya City Education Bureau announced this afternoon, Monday, July 19th, 2021, continued postponement of the scheduled public school semester for in-school learning.

Unfortunately, according to Mr. Nopsitcha Na Nakorn, Acting Director of the Pattaya City Education Bureau, Pattaya City had a meeting with the board of directors, the Chonburi Department of Public Health, city officials, and other relevant agencies and came to the conclusion that the current situation with Covid-19 in Chonburi and Pattaya would not be resolved well-enough to resume school at this time and will as a preliminary measure look towards mid-August, specifically around the 16th.

This is not, however, a guarantee that school will resume on this date, cautioned Nopsitcha, stating that it will depend greatly on the overall situation in Pattaya.

Due to Chonburi becoming a maximum control zone effective tomorrow, July 20th, 2021, and hundreds of daily cases, the board concluded that they could not estimate exactly when school could resume but would “monitor the situation.”

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/19/pattaya-city-announces-continued-postponement-of-public-in-person-school-openings-hoping-for-mid-august-but-no-guarantees/

As usual they think like nuts, only good for giving as food for monkeys. They never understand that the government is an institution that has responsibility to protect and prevent. It´s horrible that it has to be as bad as registered as a dark red zones for schools to close. That is already too late. As soon as it enters as red zone the schools should be closed as they pose a great risk of spreading the virus over a broad spectrum. Many families drive over 40 - 50 km every day to leave and get thier children from school.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sungod said:

Let the families decide if they wish to take the risk.

So, you are saying that we should leave the decisions to prevent the spread of Covid-19 down to single individual level!? Sometimes I wonder how people are thinking. Can you please explain to me. I am curious.

Edited by Gottfrid

3 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

So, you are saying that we should leave the decisions to prevent the spread of Covid-19 down to single individual level!? Sometimes I wonder how people are thinking. Can you please explain to me. I am curious.

No, didn't say that at all. Just pointing out that the decision should be taken by TV members. I sometimes wonder how some on here think...........Happy now?

1 minute ago, sungod said:

No, didn't say that at all. Just pointing out that the decision should be taken by TV members. I sometimes wonder how some on here think...........Happy now?

22 minutes ago, sungod said:

Let the families decide if they wish to take the risk.

Yes, you did!

No, I can never be happy reading such a irresponsible and weird comment.

12 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, you did!

No, I can never be happy reading such a irresponsible and weird comment.

You need to take both comments to get the full context, but nice effort on the edit anyway.

Only 1 weird thing around here, and its not my comment ????

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Will there be rebates on fees already paid?  Silly question I know.

Just go to 7 Eleven leave your phone number and address, and they will contact you for attitude adjustment in a few hours.

Edited by Gottfrid

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

School funding crisis coming right up. Not many Thais gonna pay for a school the kids can't go in to

I've already paid.

Bus fees.

Clothes.

I Know a portion is needed for school upkeep and salaries.

Our private school just sends homework to print and its up to the parents to create a curriculum.  

Theres no interaction on-line like other schools.

Hopefully get some money back, she's only attended 2 weeks.

Plenty of Free-Fire cell phone playing.

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

I've already paid.

Bus fees.

Clothes.

I Know a portion is needed for school upkeep and salaries.

Our private school just sends homework to print and its up to the parents to create a curriculum.  

Theres no interaction on-line like other schools.

Hopefully get some money back, she's only attended 2 weeks.

Plenty of Free-Fire cell phone playing.

I meant next term, we've all paid this term already, but i cannot see thais doing it for the next one

• Like 1

Children have spread almost every other disease in the world, so I have to wonder how

any adult can not believe that people do not think that children will not spread COVID.

Parents should know these facts, but it seems that governments and TAT and other

agencies do not have the intelligence to know this.

Geezer

19 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

School funding crisis coming right up. Not many Thais gonna pay for a school the kids can't go in to

My 14 y/o son's school allows monthly payments and since his online schooling is basically a joke, my wife stopped paying.  

• Like 1