Advice on blog - website

lifedrainer

Hi fellow Asean neighbours,

I am seeking for a piece of advice, relating to blog/website.

I know there are thousands of available free starting platforms, I just want to get an expert opinion on where to start my blog/English resources websites, which eventually I could easily convert into a paid service.

Having no knowledge of how these things work, I am hoping that one day I can easily transport all the webdata I am creating into my own paid website, meaning to a not overcomplicated domain name.

Please let me know, I have tried a few out there, but what is your simplest recommended starting point ?

Cheers

1 hour ago, lifedrainer said:

what is your simplest recommended starting point ?

Write everything you publish i.e. first in Word and save it on your computer or on a cloud drive owned by you.

And then copy and paste it into any website where you want to leave comments.

And later you still have all your original Word files for your own domain.

Maybe also save a link to anything you publish anywhere.

If you have as some stage thousands of files and/or thousands of links then a web site developer should be able to import all of that without much hassle.

Obviously it will still be some work to make that profitable - but I guess you know that.

You can get some plugins and do it with Wordpress, I have done it myself..

The easiest way is to plan and build your website, before you get carried away - put some dummy pages behind the paywall - then you can select which content is public and what is not at a later date.

Its hard to understand what you mean about a complicated domain - a domain is important, you can register a domain for a couple of $, hosting on something like dollarWP which is ok for a single site. I used a plugin which you would need to register your email and I would need to confirm, I should imagine there are automatic payment processing plugins for wordpress via services like paypal Or patreon.