Covid 19 extension, some doubts ...

I arrived to Thailand at the end of May with Visa exemption. I extended my stay for 30 days more and later on I managed to get a letter from my embassy that I will bring for the aplication of the 60 days covid19 extension.

It seems the booking system is not working so I´m not sure if I go tomorrow to inmigration without appoiment I will be able to make the process.

I’m not sure in which building (I´m in Bangkok) they process this kind of extension.

I my information is correct, what I will need is:

-  TM7 Form

-   Photo

-   Passport copy

-   TM6 Copy

-   Arrival Stamp

-   Form explaining the reasons

-   Embassy Letter

Thanks in advance!

You will apply at the Muang Thong Thani office. If you applied for the 30 day extension in Bangkok that is the office where you did it.

No need for a appointment now since the site for doing them is still down.

You do not have to have a letter from you embassy.

Ad a copy of your current extension to your list.

• Like 1

The above announcement is for Chaeng Wattana immigration. It does not apply to the office at Muang Thong Thani.

The announcement for Muang Thong Thani only limits the number of applicants to 300 per day.

11 minutes ago, wanderingengine said:

Is a letter from your embassy required to get the 60-day extension now? What is the purpose of the letter / what is it supposed to say?

No. You don't need embassy letter anymore. 

I’m going to Immigration soon for another Covid19 extension, could somebody please tell me when the requirement for the Embassy Letter was stopped and a reference to this.
Each time I’ve been (twice), I have been asked for an Embassy letter, the last time was on the 26th May’21. 

5 minutes ago, PMTRAVELS said:

I’m going to Immigration soon for another Covid19 extension, could somebody please tell me when the requirement for the Embassy Letter was stopped and a reference to this.

It has not been required since the order for the 60 day covid 19 extensions was issued.

Not having a embassy letter is one of the reasons you can tick on the affidavit for the extensions.

See: 60 Day Covid 19 Extension Affidavit.pdf229.8 kB · 523 downloads

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, sapson said:

Whats the last date to apply for the latest round of covid extensions it was 28th July can you now apply anytime up to 26th September.?

It would of been the 29th of this month. Now it is the 27th of September.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

It would of been the 29th of this month. Now it is the 27th of September.

Thanks Joe, just to clarify my retirement extension finishes 20th Aug if I wish to renew it can do anytime between now and the 20th.?

If not renewing for a year but requiring another couple of months stay, I can do a covid extension anytime before the 20th Aug and just fill out the forms affidavit etc pay the 1900 baht thats it done on the day?

Thankyou.

14 minutes ago, sapson said:

Thanks Joe, just to clarify my retirement extension finishes 20th Aug if I wish to renew it can do anytime between now and the 20th.?

If not renewing for a year but requiring another couple of months stay, I can do a covid extension anytime before the 20th Aug and just fill out the forms affidavit etc pay the 1900 baht thats it done on the day?

Normally you could only do it a couple of weeks early.

You may get a under consideration stamp with report back date on it. Typically the report back date is 2 weeks after you apply. The under consideration stamp allows you to stay in the country until it is approved.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Normally you could only do it couple of weeks early.

You may get a under consideration stamp with report back date on it. Typically the report back date is 2 weeks after you apply. The under consideration stamp allows you to stay in the country until it is approved.

Is that for the retirement visa which would be done through my agent presume as normal same day.

So a covid extension is not all done one visit and may get the under consideration stamp?

20 minutes ago, sapson said:

Is that for the retirement visa which would be done through my agent presume as normal same day.

No

The 2 weeks is only for short term extensions.

21 minutes ago, sapson said:

So a covid extension is not all done one visit and may get the under consideration stamp?

More than one if they do the under consideration stamp.

6 hours ago, thai006 said:

YOU Think it will get extend after 27 of September , i will arrived  in  October lol 

If there is no big improvement for the covid 19 situation here and if the borders are not open I think it will be extended again

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

If there is no big improvement for the covid 19 situation here and if the borders are not open I think it will be extended again

This is a gamble I am not sure I want to take, but UbonJoe is my thinking correct in that I could get 60 more days no problem come September 19th? I am on my original 60 day TR visa now that has 30 days left, so I can go get the 30 day normal extension around August 20th then another 60 days around Sept 20th which would get me near the end of Nov, and when I hope Japan might finally allow me in.

4 minutes ago, pissedoff2am said:

This is a gamble I am not sure I want to take, but UbonJoe is my thinking correct in that I could get 60 more days no problem come September 19th?

Yes

As long as you apply on or before September 27th it will be issued.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes

As long as you apply on or before September 27th it will be issued.

Thanks Joe, that may give me enough time to wrap things up here and move on. I am not old enough for a retirement visa, not married and I don't think I can get any other visa except for an ED. I want to study, just not Thai, waiting to here back from Pro Language if they are still offering Japanese classes during Covid.

Any other options I could look at to stay about 8 months or longer from now? Fortunately cost is not a main consideration for a Visa, but I want to be legal and stress free. (Hope this is ok to post here, didn't want to start a new thread and clutter things up)