General questions to the STV and sandbox scheme

As the STV scheme ends end of September and the visa in itself is kind of a good deal (no border runs) I’m considering going there.

I have a lot of questions and before bothering my embassy with it want to check if some of you can help me.

I’m not cheap, I’m there to spend money but it really looks like I’m buying the cat in the sack and that there’s gonna be quite some transactions from my part before I'll get any guarantee that I’ll ever be allowed to enter.

When STV ends will regular tourist visas be available? What’s the hint behind this expiry date?

STV

If I stay 9 months do I have to make all the papers for the entire stay or just for the requirement of more than 60 days?

Like the proof of accommodation and insurance, will the duration/validity have an influence when I make an extension in Thailand? Or do they just check the visa validly on the passport?

A medical certificate, certifying that applicant does not have prohibitive diseases

What’s considered a prohibited disease?

Evidence of long-stay accommodation:

Is an Airbnb booking recognized? There are hotels that give you a month for 4000baht, is that accepted? Can I just book the cheapest accommodation available and then go stay wherever I want anyway? Can I just have a friend draft me up a rental contract for his house?

Confirmed ASQ reservation, how does that integrate with the SHA+ Sandbox scheme?

Sandbox scheme

I am part of a non-safe country and can only enter if I stay 21 days in a safe country prior.

I live in Schengen, how is this proved with open borders here? How do they know I’ve actually physically been in Germany for 21 and not just drive back home with a car?

What does direct flight mean? In a certain way, every flight is direct? Am I not allowed to do any transit at all? Like does it have to be Zurich – Phuket but it can’t be Zurich – Doha – Phuket? Or is it just that I can’t transit inside Thailand but transits outside Thailand are ok?

What about Return ticket, proof of funds?

Tracking Phone Application – what if I have 2 phones?

What if I Book a regular hotel next to my SHQ hotel and go stay there?

Thanks in advance

5 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Simple answer to that. STVs will not be issued after 3rd July. Source Thai Embassy London website.

This information is not provided by my embassy, I will contact them and see if its a general thing or each embassy has their own policy on that.

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Google is your best friend

Thanks mate, never thought of that

3 minutes ago, ItoroK said:

This information is not provided by my embassy, I will contact them and see if its a general thing or each embassy has their own policy on that.

Even if you get the STV you will only be able to stay for the 90 days it allows.

Immigration will not issue the 90 day extension after September 30th.

Best is to apply for a tourist visa that allows a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ItoroK said:

Thanks mate, never thought of that

I have a STV which I extended early last week. I am stamped in until end Nov. Not sure if I will be able to extend again or hop on to Covid extensions if still available. I doubt the former, despite what my agent says, but we will see. A strange visa, still not sure if I made the right decision!