New Study on Pfizer and Astra Zenaca vaccines they are stronger than thought.

Robbie63

I just read an article today from Reuters on a new study worldwide on Pfizer and Astra Zenaca. Pfizer is 93.7% effective against the Alpha Variant and 88% effective against the new Delta Variant. The Astra Vaccine is now 74.5% effective against the Alpha Variant and 67% against the Delta Virus. It looks like the Astra Zenaca Vaccine which is what we have mostly here in Thailand is a pretty good vaccine compared to the Sinovac which is a waste of money. My Thai wife went over to Thammasat Hospital today she got her jab at 1:30 today Astra Zenaca. She had signed up last week also my step-daughter who is a student received her jab 2 weeks ago Astra also. I have an appt. for Med-Park next month also Astra so I am happy to get some protection. It seems like there are more choices now for Jabs. Stay Safe all

• Thanks 1

AZ also builds up over a period of time. It may also be that it has a longer lasting effect.

Importantly, both vaccines are extremely effective against severe infection and death.

Sinovac is an ok vaccine with only mild side effects reported. I am quite happy to receive it and it is good for people who are basically fit and healthy already.  And it may also be better for people who are fragile and at risk from harsh side effects the others can cause.

Edited by mommysboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I made a statement about the Sinovav vaccine that was my opinion it was not fake news. When you use that term Fake it sounds like Trump to me. Also the WHO had approved the AZ Indian Vaccine and now they have reversed course. I would never discourage someone from getting any vaccine at this point. Sinovac or Sinopharm is better than nothing for sure. I thought it was some good news amongst bad news all the time here lately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbie63 said:

article today from Reuters on a new study worldwide on Pfizer and Astra Zenaca.

I take it thats the link below in case anyone wants to read the article .

It also states that data from Israel (which tends to carry a lot of weight as they were first to Vax most of their population ) states that

-: an estimated lower effectiveness of Pfizer's shot against symptomatic disease, although protection against severe disease remains high.

The full study published on Wednesday found that one dose of Pfizer's shot was 36% effective, and one dose of AstraZeneca's vaccine was around 30% effective.

So getting the 2nd shot is very important-- & in Thailand is probably 2022

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/two-doses-pfizer-astrazeneca-shots-effective-against-delta-variant-study-finds-2021-07-21/

23 minutes ago, Robbie63 said:

I made a statement about the Sinovav vaccine that was my opinion it was not fake news. When you use that term Fake it sounds like Trump to me. Also the WHO had approved the AZ Indian Vaccine and now they have reversed course. I would never discourage someone from getting any vaccine at this point. Sinovac or Sinopharm is better than nothing for sure. I thought it was some good news amongst bad news all the time here lately.

I'd like to see a link on that too please, WHO delisting AZ produced in India?

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Sinovac is not a waste of money stop posting fake opinions it has WHO approval.

Still waiting for someone to tell me what vaccines China is using. Surely with a billion people there should  be millions dead  by now. Somehow the factories are still supplying the entire world...anyone looked at container prices ex-china lately ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robbie63 said:

I just read an article today from Reuters on a new study worldwide on Pfizer and Astra Zenaca. Pfizer is 93.7% effective against the Alpha Variant and 88% effective against the new Delta Variant.

It's neither linked or attributed.  Where's the link. I'd be interested to see the studies.
My guess.  Pfizer and AZ creating their own marketing studies.  But maybe it was a totally independent and unbiased study.  Can't tell without the link and attribution.

10 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

my step-daughter who is a student received her jab 2 weeks ago Astra also.

An example of how mis managed all this is, no way a youngster should be getting vaccinated yet when millions of far greater risk groups are still waiting

Its not mismanagement, they just don't care. If they did they would have stressed healthy lifestyle changes and super preventative measures for the ones we know statically are most at risk of being hospitalized or death. Do people really think govts anywhere in the world care about your health?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mark131v said:

Mmmh yes, ok

Pfizer, Astra Zeneca = Premier League

Sinovac = Evo-Stik League Northern Premier Division

Same, same but different....

Bit of a silly analyses IMO, I am happy to any jabs I don't care, bring on Sputnik.

A the moment in the boonies Thais first flig farangies.

53 minutes ago, pissedoff2am said:

Still waiting for someone to tell me what vaccines China is using. Surely with a billion people there should  be millions dead  by now. Somehow the factories are still supplying the entire world...anyone looked at container prices ex-china lately ?

Well China is certainly vaccinating people at a faster rate than Thailand maybe the vaccines money is still in some Thai bank account.

48 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Bit of a silly analyses IMO, I am happy to any jabs I don't care, bring on Sputnik.

A the moment in the boonies Thais first flig farangies.

Completely agree if your lucky enough take whatever you can but lets not pretend they are all the same

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Combos of both work better according to studies

Yep combinations of the top tier vaccines seem to work well but that needs you to have access to a few top tier vaccines in order to mix and match, that's were Thailand falls down

They have put their eggs in the wrong basket for what appears to be financial gain rather than medical efficacy

When you put dim uneducated power hungry egotists in charge stuff like that is inevitable, just look at their hubris when they turned down covax membership and the AZ from India, their pride and greed have cost lives...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clivebaxter said:

my step-daughter who is a student received her jab 2 weeks ago Astra also.

An example of how mis managed all this is, no way a youngster should be getting vaccinated yet when millions of far greater risk groups are still waiting

Bang on!!

• Like 1

Some of the forum's "Negative Nellies" should send "Stop making bio weapons" text to the Chinese government. In addition, demand that they make restitution.

If you disagree with the OP's info' - then post a proper counter argument that is backed up by cited scientific studies, if not - then go join an old woman's gossip forum. In other words - try and act  like educated adults.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, connda said:

But maybe it was a totally independent and unbiased study. 

You will usually find those totally independent and unbiased studies on page 76 of google search..............

after 75 pages of paid for advertisements  studies .   

Don't even try posting a link here that has findings not in line with the accepted ones

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A friend of mine working in Saudi had a Pfizer jab just prior to leaving, travelled to Canada for daughters wedding and R & R and got a Moderna for a second jab there - the Pfizer/Moderna mix all 'ok' with Saudi officials for a return to work and I would assume entry to other countries as well.....

20 hours ago, connda said:

It's neither linked or attributed.  Where's the link. I'd be interested to see the studies.
My guess.  Pfizer and AZ creating their own marketing studies.  But maybe it was a totally independent and unbiased study.  Can't tell without the link and attribution.

Here's a link to the actual study, as published in the New England Journal of Medicine.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2108891?query=featured_home

The study was conducted by a group of independent scientists from the following organisations:

Public Health England, the National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) Health Protection Research Unit in Vaccines and Immunisation, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, the NIHR Health Protection Research Unit in Respiratory Infections, Imperial College London, Guy’s and St. Thomas’ Hospital NHS Trust and Healthcare Associated Infections and Antimicrobial Resistance, University of Oxford.

15 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Here's a link to the actual study, as published in the New England Journal of Medicine.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2108891?query=featured_home

The study was conducted by a group of independent scientists from the following organisations:

Public Health England, the National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) Health Protection Research Unit in Vaccines and Immunisation, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, the NIHR Health Protection Research Unit in Respiratory Infections, Imperial College London, Guy’s and St. Thomas’ Hospital NHS Trust and Healthcare Associated Infections and Antimicrobial Resistance, University of Oxford.

Here is your link okay? I never thought that someone would actually be interested in reading the actual study. My bad. The whole intention of my post was that this was a new study out and I thought reputable enough and it had some good news. My Thai wife was going to get her shot of AZ and I was just checking up on its effectiveness. I was mildly surprised about the AZ Vaccine no surprise about Pfizer. I then posted it hoping a little good news was in order. I also offered my own opinion on the Sinovac Vaccine in the same post and it was met with some disagreement again should have just stuck to the facts there. The bottom line is that the AZ vaccine which a lot of people are going to get here is not bad.  The same study now says that the 2nd shot should be given at 2 months for the best protection. The sweet spot to quote a doctor. I do not think I will be posting in the future on this site to much drama for sure. Stay Safe All

On 7/23/2021 at 6:57 AM, rumak said:

You will usually find those totally independent and unbiased studies on page 76 of google search..............

after 75 pages of paid for advertisements  studies .   

Don't even try posting a link here that has findings not in line with the accepted ones

Wow kind of bossy who died and left you in charge??? If you looked thru 75 pages of studies on goggle more power to you.

Just now, Robbie63 said:

Wow kind of bossy who died and left you in charge??? If you looked thru 75 pages of studies on goggle more power to you.

your reading comprehension is about 3rd grade level.     Try reading the last sentence of my post in the context that it was intended.     You are the only member that could not do that .  

Edited by rumak