Vulnerable Groups Crowd Vaccination Station

snoop1130

S__8511496-1-1.jpg

BANGKOK, July 22 (TNA) – People in three vulnerable groups flocked to the Bang Sue Grand Station for walk-in COVID-19 vaccinations, offered on the first day.

They were people aged 60 years and over, women with at least 12 weeks of their pregnancy and those weighing 100 kilograms and over. Many of them queued up for the vaccination in the morning.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-744419

tnalogo.jpg

I was seriously thinking of going over there from Pattaya to get jabbed, but couldn't persuade my daughter to drive me there. Reading that report and seeing the photo, I'm glad she refused. I guess I'll just continue to venture out as little as possible and wait for the vaccine to come to this town. The only fly in the ointment is that I have to do my marriage extension at Jomtien in a few weeks time, which also means queuing at the amphur for the Kor Ror 2 as well as two trips to the bank and then queuing again at immigration.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

People in three vulnerable groups flocked to the Bang Sue Grand Station for walk-in COVID-19 vaccinations, offered on the first day.

No large gatherings they say.... 

3 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

Why can they not just keep everyone 2m apart, what is wrong with the people organising this farrago?

Why can't people organise themselves 2m apart!  They know the risks, they've been told often enough!  Sheer stupidity in my view.

• Like 1

Do not bring your caregiver, they won't be accepted. I am 78 USA and went yesterday and stood outside with the mob for an hour. No police control only TRUE company volunteers. I risked it because they said lady can get vaccine and I can walk in. I won't tell you how I got her a jab finally, it wasn't easy. It took 2 ½ hours to get Astra Zeneca.

They said the story about caregivers was not true.

Edited by ronjomtien

13 hours ago, smedly said:

and this is where foreigners should go to get (infected) ..................vaccinated 

to this super spreader event 

Jesus Christ

I was vaccinated on July 22. All through the process rigid controls were in place and seemed highly professional at least for us 75. I admitted almost immediately  and was wheelchaired from station to station in the process. However very long and slow queues waiting outside for ordinary citizens with minimal distancing outside the facility may be problematic. I think they were aiming at 20000 jabs on the day. To yesterday 73 oldies like me have had their first Astra Zeneca shot about 90 minutes in all if you forget the horrendous traffic jams.

19 hours ago, smedly said:

and this is where foreigners should go to get (infected) ..................vaccinated 

to this super spreader event 

Jesus Christ

Just hope they have those Covid sniffer dogs on duty!

13 hours ago, jesimps said:

I was seriously thinking of going over there from Pattaya to get jabbed, but couldn't persuade my daughter to drive me there. Reading that report and seeing the photo, I'm glad she refused. I guess I'll just continue to venture out as little as possible and wait for the vaccine to come to this town. The only fly in the ointment is that I have to do my marriage extension at Jomtien in a few weeks time, which also means queuing at the amphur for the Kor Ror 2 as well as two trips to the bank and then queuing again at immigration.

Agent, please. Well worth the money in this situation.