CNC for Cabinet Parts

HeijoshinCool

I know of a guy with a CNC wood router.

Where are you? He’s in Hat Yai.

We are currently sourcing a kitchen, beds, and wooden fittings - we are now in Issan. I am pretty sure these guys use a cnc router although we haven’t visited the workshops yet.

I’m happy to give you the guy in HY, although we left on bad terms after he messed up a job that I left him with - but after you ship the wood both ways and he does the job then you might find it better to find a local “built in” furniture fitter on Facebook. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Saanim said:

You will find many shops in Thailand they do the same job without a CNC router, sometimes even better...

I do get your point, however, I do love these posts on TVF .. “you can find many places ..” 

This guy can’t, that’s why he is asking .. it’s not always laziness or stupidity, sometimes you can drive past places hundreds of times and never realise. I found a CNC plasma cutting shop on the last day I left Hat Yai after looking about for a few years. 

OP: Facebook can often be your friend. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Saanim said:

You will find many shops in Thailand they do the same job without a CNC router, sometimes even better...

10 hours ago, recom273 said:

I know of a guy with a CNC wood router.

Where are you? He’s in Hat Yai.

We are currently sourcing a kitchen, beds, and wooden fittings - we are now in Issan. I am pretty sure these guys use a cnc router although we haven’t visited the workshops yet.

I’m happy to give you the guy in HY, although we left on bad terms after he messed up a job that I left him with - but after you ship the wood both ways and he does the job then you might find it better to find a local “built in” furniture fitter on Facebook. 

Trat. Hat Yai would not be a problem in normal times but if he messed up a job using a CNC I wouldn't want to give him a second chance.

The material would be 4 x 8 sheets of 3/4" melamine. So anyone doing the job who has a router should have a supplier for that. Once machined, we'd pick it up or have it shipped.

Thanks.

Edited by HeijoshinCool

10 hours ago, Saanim said:

No, they can't. This requires precise machining, perfectly square, with lots of line boring, and, if they are experienced with them, KD fittings. 

I failed to mention I'd also like edgebanding applied. Few shops in LOS have a bander...but thanks anyway for replying.

12 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Trat. Hat Yai would not be a problem in normal times but if he messed up a job using a CNC I wouldn't want to give him a second chance.

The material would be 4 x 8 sheets of 3/4" melamine. So anyone doing the job who has a router should have a supplier for that. Once machined, we'd pick it up or have it shipped.

Thanks.

His number is Pop on 085 157 6233

He didn’t mess up a CNC job, we bought an oven and we required a temporary housing for it, we explained in great detail we had some metal legs being made and that we wanted a simple fitted box, we gave him the oven and fittings. He gave us a box with an inch air gap around, he thought the wood would catch fire - so everytime we open the door, the oven slides out. Just a typical occurrence of a local thinking he knew better than the customer.

I think if you want edge banding, you should look to a custom furniture company in BKK, they are often referred to “built-in” - you can find them through Facebook - We are speaking to these guys at the moment, https://www.thebuilt-group.com 

15 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

No, they can't. This requires precise machining, perfectly square, with lots of line boring, and, if they are experienced with them, KD fittings. 

I failed to mention I'd also like edgebanding applied. Few shops in LOS have a bander...but thanks anyway for replying.

If in LOS why to bother with melamine and/or edgebanding when you can have it done with a quality solid wood. Many of these who do that can be found - if not upcountry - along Lard Phrao Road in Bkk.   

18 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

You mean this?

Seen that many times in LOS.

Only a matter of time, if not for the guy working the saw, then the ones standing directly in front of it.....or both. I once saw a kickback of a board about that size the went through two walls, meaning four layers of 1/2" sheetrock, and hit a draftsman in the head, knocking him out.

Still, with decades of woodworking behind me, I have a strange admiration for their skillset.