Driver dies after he crashes his motorbike into a pickup truck in the Pattaya area

Jonathan Fairfield

S__9732128.jpeg

A driver has been pronounced dead at the scene after his motorbike collided with a pickup truck in Banglamung last night (July 23rd).

The Nongprue Police were notified of the accident at 7:00 P.M. near the Nong Hin Intersection.

Emergency responders and The Pattaya News arrived at the scene to find the damaged pickup truck on the roadside and the damaged motorbike in a ditch. Mr. Sang Suwagee, 42, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/24/driver-dies-after-he-crashes-his-motorbike-inti-a-pickup-truck-in-the-pattaya-area/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 2

From the link  https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/24/driver-dies-after-he-crashes-his-motorbike-inti-a-pickup-truck-in-the-pattaya-area/ in the OP:

The pickup truck driver, Mr. Suchart Rachatanawin, 42, the pickup truck driver, told police, “I didn’t see the motorbike driver when I overtook a sedan near an intersection. The motorbike driver was crossing the intersection and I was unable to avoid the collision. ”

S__9732124.jpg

53 minutes ago, Denim said:

Poor headline . The motorcycle driver did not crash into the pick up. It was the pick up rider who crashed into the motorcycle.

That’s the way I read it too. 

The pickup overtaking across a junction. 

Motorcyclist pulling out in-front of traffic not knowing there was an overtaking vehicle  which was hidden from the motorcyclists view by the vehicle it was overtaking.

It works seem both were ultimately at fault here. 

As is not unusual - the motorcyclist was ‘taking a chance’ and a car / pickup was breaking a regulation which would see him in trouble in many of our home nations. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

car / pickup was breaking a regulation which would see him in trouble in many of our home nations. 

Same should be true here according to Sect 46 of the Thai Traffic Laws. Let's hope plod has read and understood it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, metisdead said:

The pickup truck driver, Mr. Suchart Rachatanawin, 42, the pickup truck driver, told police, “I didn’t see the motorbike driver when I overtook a sedan near an intersection. The motorbike driver was crossing the intersection and I was unable to avoid the collision.

Not the best thing to do.

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording.

The real health crisis are the horrendous traffic deaths, which seemingly cannot be curbed by wearing masks, obeying a useless curfew or washing of hands. Way too complicated for the authorities to deal with.

• Like 1

Overtaking near intersection.

Whenever turning in to our highway I turn my neck to BOTH sides and have a good chance that some brain-dead is on the oncoming lane.

So normal, so much forbidden (60 m from intersection and always have a sign at that point).

On the highway near our place there is a T-section with a minor road.

Five people lost their lives when a hooligan van driver overtook and didn't make it before a big truck (pre Covid).

As it seems hopeless to enforce the rules they now build a 500 m stretch of central divider after having widened the path on both sides.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Sad 1