Still haven't cleaned JOmtien kid's playground

ronjomtien

First this big story and lies:

Pattaya, Thailand-

A children’s playground located on Jomtien Beach by the Night Market made local media over the weekend, including with us, as residents and parents posted their concerns about the condition of the park.

First, you can read our prior article about the playground right here.

To the credit of Pattaya City leadership, they responded only one day after the playground was covered in the local news media. Led by Deputy Mayor Manoch Nongyai and Witchawut Pinyo, head of the local park department, a team of officials and reporters visited the playground yesterday afternoon, July 12th, 2021.

The playground has been closed by government orders for about three months (like many things in Pattaya, including the entire entertainment sector and nightlife) and remains closed according to Deputy Mayor Nongyai. However, the regular maintenance and cleaning of the park had clearly fallen into disrepair.

According to Witchawut, the actual equipment and playground were about 80% functional and the major issue with the playground was the special surfacing used which was cracking and have weeds and plants growing through it. Additionally, trash and other materials had accumulated in the park.

The reason for the lack of maintenance, according to Witchawut, was that the keys to the park gate and who had the responsibility for them were unclear, causing cleaning staff to be unable to access the area….for three months.

The keys were reportedly in the custody of several municipality officials and were later located and will be provided for cleaning staff. From now on, according to both Witchawut and Nongyai, the park will be cleaned daily, even if it isn’t opened to the public, as it is highly visible for all those exercising and around the Jomtien area. The park will also be resurfaced in the near future.

However, Deputy Mayor Nongyai noted that playgrounds remain closed by government order, and even if it is immediately repaired the park would not be able to open to the public until the Governor orders it. Regardless, the park will be completely restored in the near future, according to Nongyai.

STILL NOT CLEANED. ANYONE OF THE CLEANERS WALKING DOWN BEACH ROAD EVERY DAY PICKING UP A FEW LEAVES COULD HAVE DONE THIS THREE WEEKS AGO, EVEN BEFORE WITH A LITTLE LADDER. OMG

• Confused 1

I am just adding this. This Pattaya mayor doesn't care about Jomtien at all, there are no gogo's or gambling or malls. He blusters about building Bali HI cruise ship docks, new Pattaya signs, a new skateboard park and he can't even find a key or clean a playground for an hour. He ruined Jomtien when he shifted all the boat storage to Jomtien with its horrendous traffic and ugliness years ago. Get rid of him and his mafia.

Why clean (or even worry about) something that's not being used, and probably wont be used in the near future ?

There are places that are shutdown, mothballed etc all over Pattaya. 

I really don't get the issue, its not being used. why worry that its not being kept in pristine condition.

I'm sure they can send in a cleanup/fixup team the day before it re-opens, 

I imagine cleanup or maintenance crews maybe have more important priorities at the moment, like clean ups after covid outbreaks, cleaning vaccine or food hand out centres etc.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

While they are in that "play ground"   they should have a look at the very dangerous  exercise machines  I've seen at least 2 kids  hit full in the body or face  by the revolving pivot points  horrendous :w00t:

944203474_notsafe_P_20180616_144544copy.thumb.jpg.813fb8afb5646689f9c7feb707c1ba41.jpg

Also notice that they once again show how much they hate trees  the 2 big trees in this playground that used to provide much needed shade masqueraded :post-4641-1156693976:

There is a play area near us,the wife walks the dog there ,i have been with her and many times she collects the empty cans ,plastic containers etc and puts them in the bins,people who go there and sit eating food ,just leave it ,too lazy to walk a few feet to the bins ,also the place is never cleaned ,the toilets are unussble as are half the exercise equipment,just allowed to fall to bits.

I'm surprised that anyone thinks they would care enough to actually do something other than turning up in response to a news article and SAYING they would do something.

Unless the Op wants to organise a work party to clean it up I suspect it will still be dirty till such time as corona is over, whenever that may be.

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

There is a play area near us,the wife walks the dog there ,i have been with her and many times she collects the empty cans ,plastic containers etc and puts them in the bins,people who go there and sit eating food ,just leave it ,too lazy to walk a few feet to the bins ,also the place is never cleaned ,the toilets are unussble as are half the exercise equipment,just allowed to fall to bits.

Situation normal. I was riding around Phayao lake on the m'bike and found a nice little park with a public toilet. I went into the toilet, and it was derelict. There wasn't even any water from the tap.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Cleaning up a playground has got to be on the bottom of the governments list at this point.

My suggestion would be to get some folks together who use it and go in and clean it yourselves.

They do this in poor areas of western countries.  So, make a contribution go clean the place up and show some pride in your community.

Good idea.

6 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Why clean (or even worry about) something that's not being used, and probably wont be used in the near future ?

There are places that are shutdown, mothballed etc all over Pattaya. 

I really don't get the issue, its not being used. why worry that its not being kept in pristine condition.

I'm sure they can send in a cleanup/fixup team the day before it re-opens, 

I imagine cleanup or maintenance crews maybe have more important priorities at the moment, like clean ups after covid outbreaks, cleaning vaccine or food hand out centres etc.

There are workers who clean the beach and sidewalks every day in Jomtien, this would take 10 minutes to sweep.

5 hours ago, ronjomtien said:

Good idea.

Yes, we should fix everything by the community that the government promises and reneges on or screws up, so let's form a committee to solve the pandemic here. Oh, Tunisia needs a new government and Haiti, any volunteers

On 7/26/2021 at 2:21 PM, ronjomtien said:

There are workers who clean the beach and sidewalks every day in Jomtien, this would take 10 minutes to sweep.

I saw five nice Thai ladies workers with brooms walking nonchalantly down the Jomtien sidewalk. Don't you all think they could clean a playground in an hour. I refuse to organize anything to do with this playground. That fool at City Hall who said he lost the playground key should be fired or worse. Then he said some other department had the key and it would be cleaned. As we all know the only reason we are all here is for the ladies and cheap rent, who cares about playgrounds but someone needs to hold this government to its word and teach them western truthfulness before this place goes under.