need tires for an SUV sized vehicle...

last time I paid 30,000 baht for 4 tires at B Quik... 

I liked that I could just drive past and they would check tire pressure for free... 

Now that I am in a more populated area, and have choices - what should I look for as far as brand and price and convenience... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Now that I am in a more populated area, and have choices - what should I look for as far as brand and price and convenience... 

Depends on size, around our way Deestones are the cheapest if you go for bigger sizes.

• Thanks 1

Second set of Maxxiss on my Vigo, Bht 12800 for four 265/65 R17, and they will rotate and balance every 10,000 km. I got over 90,000 km with the last set. But I did steer clear of any Dutchmen called Max!   LOL

Maxxiss in Phitsanulok near Tesco.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thanks 1

if you go into the Dirt a bit, then get BF Goodrich A/T 

I dont need them here, but took my Nissan Navara Pickup Truck into those Gnarly Welsh Mountains for Rally events a lot as a Stage official.

never let me down.

Other Tyres just got the side wall ripped out in no time, but the BF have a sidewall protection tread, and have a higher corner rating than most other AT tyres.

• Thanks 1

the tyres on my triton although lots of tread were getting a little old,

i saw a new set of tyres and rims from a new triton athlete for sale they had been part exchanged for larger more expensive rims and tyres, the garage was selling them off for 12,900 baht fitted,  i then sold my old set for 6000thb, so a new set of tyres with later rims for 6,900thb

maybe worth looking in some local tyre shops for a bargain.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

last time I paid 30,000 baht for 4 tires at B Quik... 

I liked that I could just drive past and they would check tire pressure for free... 

Op - you may get better advice if you give more information: 

What is the car ? 

Tyre Size ?

Usage ? (only pottering around town and on upcountry dirt roads or highway and expressways)

• Like 1

I used Yokohama Geolanders on our 2 SUVs and they were a good, long lasting tire....

I did replace them due to wear on our most used vehicle & went with Maxxies which have turned out to be a strong, smooth, solid feeling tire....

They cost about 15,000 including a service and alignment....

B.Q would not be on my list of places to go....

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Just changed the Tyres on our SUV - Yokohama P 225/65 R17

Can’t really fault B-Quick..  Cost for 4x Tyres: THB 27,000

*(Manufactured in March 2021)

I think if people and OP are happy to pay for expensive tyres fine but for guys in our village 12k or 13k for a new set of 4, some get second hand tyres everytime. 

27,000 they can't afford that. 

• Thanks 1

Many people very brand name snobs.

See it in N. America too - "I won't buy Chinese tires !!!"

Yet they last just as long, and cost way way less.

Why I like Deestone - unless U running F1, or drive on the hiway at 200 Kph, there are just fine.

And judging by the comments here, re: excess speed, most could get by with cheap tires. "There are no roads you can go fast on in LOS - type of thing"

That being said - I run Michelin on the Teana - 'cause I drive it fast. There is that 200 Kph again !!! 555

Just this morning i had the two front tyres replaced on my Fortuner, fitted Bridgestone Escopa 265/70R16, cost 10.180bht at B-Quick. An additional 450bht for the balancing and alignment check.

Great professional service at my local B-Quick.

• Thanks 1

On 7/25/2021 at 6:13 PM, steve187 said:

the tyres on my triton although lots of tread were getting a little old,

i saw a new set of tyres and rims from a new triton athlete for sale they had been part exchanged for larger more expensive rims and tyres, the garage was selling them off for 12,900 baht fitted,  i then sold my old set for 6000thb, so a new set of tyres with later rims for 6,900thb

maybe worth looking in some local tyre shops for a bargain.

This is a good option if you want to exchange worn tires on scratched rims with almost new tires on cleaner rims. I've done it twice already but then again, I'm Scottish. The last swap cost me 4800 baht fitted.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Kwasaki said:
On 7/25/2021 at 1:56 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Just changed the Tyres on our SUV - Yokohama P 225/65 R17

Can’t really fault B-Quick..  Cost for 4x Tyres: THB 27,000

*(Manufactured in March 2021)

I think if people and OP are happy to pay for expensive tyres fine but for guys in our village 12k or 13k for a new set of 4, some get second hand tyres everytime. 

Thats why I followed up with my second post...  (linked / quoted below) 

Our car is regularly travelling at 120kmh on expressways.... with my Wife and Son in the car - I don’t want to compromise on tires. 

If I was pottering around a village in a pickup, I’d think quite differently and want something cheap.

Even my motorcycle tyres - I’m not quite happy with them and have felt them lose traction too many times, or the ABS comes on too many times under ‘firm breaking’... I’m suspecting the tyres are not actually that good, so I’m looking at changing for something ’stickier’.... (much safer on a motorcycle). But if I was pottering along country lanes it I wouldn’t really think about it. 

On 7/25/2021 at 2:07 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Op - you may get better advice if you give more information: 

What is the car ? 

Tyre Size ?

Usage ? (only pottering around town and on upcountry dirt roads or highway and expressways)

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I actually used to live not too far from your village... 

I do a fair amt of hwy driving and don't mind paying for quality and to be safer... I am mostly trying to avoid paying too much for a <deleted> tire... 

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Our car is regularly travelling at 120kmh on expressways.... with my Wife and Son in the car - I don’t want to compromise on tires. 

I don't usually drive fast, more in the dawdling range but still prefer quality and safety...  

2 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I actually used to live not too far from your village... 

I do a fair amt of hwy driving and don't mind paying for quality and to be safer... I am mostly trying to avoid paying too much for a <deleted> tire... 

I don't usually drive fast, more in the dawdling range but still prefer quality and safety...  

What makes you think Deestones tyres are not good quality, find me a bad report.

Just because there tyres are competitively priced doesn't meant there worse than more expensive ones is maybe because they don't have greedy share holders.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

What makes you think Deestones tyres are not good quality, find me a bad report.

Just because there tyres are competitively priced doesn't meant there worse than more expensive ones is maybe because they don't have greedy share holders.

i wasn't knocking Deestones - I never heard of them... 

7 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

i wasn't knocking Deestones - I never heard of them... 

Apologies, I have to say I never heard of em until I came to Thailand. 

The Thailand tyre company has very much improved over years.

They get good ratings.

My experience has been my Bro in-law trucks using them and getting high mileage.

Driving one his trucks they felt every bit as good as the bridgestones on our truck. 

Still though if someone wants to buy what they like up to them.