"visa On Arrival" Desk At Bkk Airport

I'm asking on behalf of an NZ friend who will be coming from Bali, where, to his surprise there isn't a Thai Consulate. Can he buy a 60-day tourist visa at the "Visa on Arrival" desk at Suvarnbhumi when he arrives here?

Thanks,

G

I'm asking on behalf of an NZ friend who will be coming from Bali, where, to his surprise there isn't a Thai Consulate. Can he buy a 60-day tourist visa at the "Visa on Arrival" desk at Suvarnbhumi when he arrives here?

Thanks,

G

Try this thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...211&hl=bali

I believe the answer to your question is "no".

I think that there is a consulate in Bali. Your friend should be able to get a tourist visa with no trouble.

Yeah, I thought there must be - but according to Lonely Planet (latest edition) the only countries with consulates on Bali are Australia and Japan . . . .

Thanks,

G

I think that there is a consulate in Bali. Your friend should be able to get a tourist visa with no trouble.

Yeah, I thought there must be - but according to Lonely Planet (latest edition) the only countries with consulates on Bali are Australia and Japan . . . .

Thanks,

G

lonely planet.....

with all the internet cafe time, you'd have thought a strenuous google search would have been possible ;-)

Here's a link showing, amongst others, a thai consulate in Bali - lawks! - and that was "as of September 2005" !

coops

http://www.balidiscovery.com/other/consulates_in_bali.asp

From a quick internet search, maybe this helps:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE ROYAL THAI CONSULATE (Bali)

Mr. Peraphon Prayooravong - Honorary Consul <[email protected]>

Mr. Poramate Khemwongthong - Consular Officer <[email protected]>

Address:

Jl. Puputan Raya No. 81, Renon Denpasar 80235

Phone: 263 310, Fax: 238 044

Email: [email protected]

Office hours:

Monday to Friday 09.00 - 12.00 & 13.00 - 16.00

Visa hours:

Monday to Friday 09.00 - 12.00 & 13.30 - 16.00

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,

G

THE ROYAL THAI CONSULATE (Bali)

Mr. Peraphon Prayooravong - Honorary Consul <[email protected]>

Mr. Poramate Khemwongthong - Consular Officer <[email protected]>

Address:

Jl. Puputan Raya No. 81, Renon Denpasar 80235

Phone: 263 310, Fax: 238 044

Email: [email protected]

Office hours:

Monday to Friday 09.00 - 12.00 & 13.00 - 16.00

Visa hours:

Monday to Friday 09.00 - 12.00 & 13.30 - 16.00

Thanks everyone - I've now got to two links to that address, and had it posted in two consecutive messages!!!

Enough!

G

Maybe next time you will try google first.... http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=t...amp;btnG=Search

it's easy and you will get an immediate answer.

Thank you - I'm not stupid, and did try that. However if you take to trouble to read some of those links, you will at least two different addresses listed, and the rest of the information dating from 2005.

So, you tell me which is correct:

Jalan Gatot Subroto Timur OR Jalan Puputan Raya

I asked here because I thought I might find something more up-to-date, through someone's personal experience, and because I wanted an answer to the second part of my question . . . .

G

Edited by grtaylor

Indeed there is a Royal Thai Consulate on Bali and no he can not obtain the 15 day visa on arrival which is what that desk in arrivals is for.

Hello Lopburi,

You mention a 15 day visa on arrival at airport, please correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought visa on arrival was for 30 days ?

Many thanks jb1

Your confusing visa on arrival and visa exempt entry. They are not the same.

Visa on arrival is reserved for nationals of about 15-20 countries, mostly Eastern Europe, and allows those travelers to obtain a 15 day visa at the entry point by paying for it and providing an application and photo. It is not available to other travelers.

The visa exempt entry that most of us are familiar with provides a free, formless entry of 30 days if we meet the conditions. This is open to about 40 countries at present.

Your confusing visa on arrival and visa exempt entry. They are not the same.

Visa on arrival is reserved for nationals of about 15-20 countries, mostly Eastern Europe, and allows those travelers to obtain a 15 day visa at the entry point by paying for it and providing an application and photo. It is not available to other travelers.

The visa exempt entry that most of us are familiar with provides a free, formless entry of 30 days if we meet the conditions. This is open to about 40 countries at present.

Hi Lopburi,

Thanks for clearing that up.

Best regards jb1

Thanks,

G

Whether it's called a consulate or not, the Thai government does have an office/ representative in Denpasar. I have been there several times but don't have the address at hand. A concierge at any major hotel/resort will be able to provide the address and phone number. Before taking a taxi double check their office hours Persist and you will find it. I remember their representative as very accommodating and efficient. Usually take a day to process