A new rapid PCR test is on the horizon

watgate

My understanding is that the U.S FDA and CDC will be coming out with a new test the end of this year which will determine whether an individual has the Corona virus or the Influenza. Hopefully the thai authorities will start using this new test also so there can be an accurate count of both diseases. Personally I always had a problem with the conventional reasoning that the reason why there was or is so few flu cases is because folks are masking up and socially distancing.etc. It would be truly beneficial to get an accurate accounting of who in fact has the corona virus or influenza so these individuals can be treated accordingly.

I saw someone posting on some other thread that the FDA's cancelling of the current PCR test was because it was untrustworthy, I went to the link that was provided in proof of this and what I saw was that the FDA wanted to replace the current test with multiplexing tests for Covid and Flu. PCR tests can be multiplexing. What's going on is that as the rules that prescribed behavior during the Covid pandemic are eased, influenza is expected to make a comeback. It was virtually nonexistent when regulations were stringent. So now the govt. want to keep track of both when people become ill with a disease that features respiratory symptoms.