Baby On The Way!

Mother in law came over. Was nice to have someone at the house for a few days, we're always alone here. She'll be back on Monday. the little one is back at the hospital since this afternoon for another 3 days since jaundice has reappeared. :o

Don't worry Tony C.

It is lucky that the doctor discovered the jaundice early.

My son went under those blue light kind of incubator twice too. He stayed there for a total of 5 days for the 2 visits. Your son will be fine.

If your wife is breast feeding him, you might like to caution her to stay away from those yellowish curry ingredients like ginger etc. That can cause the jaundice to re-occure.

Early morning sunlight like before 7.30 am or when the sun light is mild is good for your baby son too. I never try the evening sun though...Remember to cover the baby's eyes with cotton or cloth mask.

My son got ride of the jaundice totally by the end of his 2nd week.

We were taking him out early morning for some sunlight when he first came out of the hospital. It was just before his first checkup 3 days later that we noticed jaundice getting worse. We did take him out into the sunlight early morning but the doc says it's not as effective as the UV wave frequencies aren't the same and as good as the UV incubator.

About the ginger, my wife has been drinking ginger infusions since we stayed at the hospital, there were even packets that came with our room. :D

Something they should remove for patients delivering. I'm hooked on the stuff now.

Mini-man looked quite all right today, we got there in time to see him get a bath and got to feed and hold him for an hour, more reddish pink than yellow, our fingers didn't leave yellow imprints. Quite comforting to see him, we both cried last night looking at pictures of him while he was far away at the hospital. :o He's getting tanned since Friday, he should be out tomorrow or Monday latest I hope. Quite eeerie sometimes, looking at him, I see myself or my younger brother, he looks very much like us, what a strange feeling.

We were taking him out early morning for some sunlight when he first came out of the hospital. It was just before his first checkup 3 days later that we noticed jaundice getting worse. We did take him out into the sunlight early morning but the doc says it's not as effective as the UV wave frequencies aren't the same and as good as the UV incubator.

About the ginger, my wife has been drinking ginger infusions since we stayed at the hospital, there were even packets that came with our room. :D

Something they should remove for patients delivering. I'm hooked on the stuff now.

Mini-man looked quite all right today, we got there in time to see him get a bath and got to feed and hold him for an hour, more reddish pink than yellow, our fingers didn't leave yellow imprints. Quite comforting to see him, we both cried last night looking at pictures of him while he was far away at the hospital. :o He's getting tanned since Friday, he should be out tomorrow or Monday latest I hope. Quite eeerie sometimes, looking at him, I see myself or my younger brother, he looks very much like us, what a strange feeling.

Great to hear that Tony.

The ginger drink helps to clear the 'wind' from the newly mother's tummy. But it also makes the baby yellow with jaundice! So, best to stay away for the sake of the baby.( if your wife is breast feeding him )

MY son has a reading of 14 ( not sure what kind of measurement? ) regarding his jaundice condition. Then it went down to 9 after 2 days.

One his third day, we went home when he was about 7 .

But on the fourth day, his jaundice went back to be 11 again !

So, he went in for another 2 days and returned home . On the 5th day, he was discharged with the reading for jaundice registering at 6.

Was worried that his jaundice will re-occur. So, let him have some morning sun like 10 mins interval for a total of 1/2 hr. (With his eyes covered) He was responding well and by 2 weeks, he was not 'yellow' at all.

Do not cry ! Your son will be back very soon and Mrs & you will be able to enjoy taking care of him !

Talk to him softly while holding him to get good bondings. Give him many hugs BUT do not kiss his face now! That will give him rashes!

The little guy has been back home for a few days now. Very healthy and pink instead of yellow. He's very quiet , hardly ever cries, only heard him cry twice so far, my mom says I was quiet like that as well, hope it lasts.

He's actually very playful, there's an orange tiger and yellow pooh beah in his crib and he stares at them and grabs them even though his coordination is still not very good, those sessions usually last 15 - 20 minutes, had no idea that would begin at 10 days old only :o He's very curious, looks around a lot and shifts his head a lot compared to the neighbour's baby who's 2 weeks older.

Mother in law is staying for a while but me and my wife mostly share the diapers and hygiene.

Being a dad is fun. :D

You could order some of those:

http://www.babysunprotection.com/shop/prod...sp?idProduct=97

LaoPo

You may think that's a joke but here is a true story;

My aunt married a very lovely solicitor & between the pair of them they are the most scatty couple in the world. They truely found their match in life & have to date been happily married for 24 years with 2 kids of 22 & 20 but back when their oldest Dan was a few months old, my aunt had to go back to work nursing so my mum helped out with childcare & hubby was in charge of dropping the baby off before taking the train to the Grays Inn in London (famous legal area in UK).

So on this particular morning he got up, got baby ready, put him in the car & drove to the train station where he proceeded to get on the train to london. Just as the train started moving he realised that Dan (the 3 month old) was still sitting in the car & he had forgotten to drop him at my mums.!!! :o Dad had to jump from the train as it was moving off of the platform (fortunatley in those days there were no automatic doors, only manual ones!) he ripped open his trousers & knee in the fall but managed to get baby, who was sleeping oblivious in the car, to my mums & had to go to court that day with a bloody knee & a big hole in his trousers :D Not to mention the worry of what his new bride was going to say to him when he got home :D

That is a true story & one that is still told today. Unbeleivably he did a couple of other similar things (walking out & driving home whilst baby was still at the the house of whoever they had visited was one!) but nothing quite so bad as that!!!