Baby On The Way!

My wife woke up a few days ago and immediately did a pregnancy test which came up positive. We looked at each other smiling but still couldn't believe it as we were convinced up until then that one of us had a fertility problem. :o

So, I went out and bought 2 more pregnancy tests, each a different brand, and we she tested twice again the same night and next morning.

Both also came up positive. :D

It's funny as we had recently thought of visiting a fertility clinic after 4 years of marriage without birth control and no sign of her being pregnant.

I'm 43 and never been a father but I sure do love kids. Life has just taken a whole new meaning.

Great years ahead of us. :D

My wife woke up a few days ago and immediately did a pregnancy test which came up positive. We looked at each other smiling but still couldn't believe it as we were convinced up until then that one of us had a fertility problem. :o

So, I went out and bought 2 more pregnancy tests, each a different brand, and we she tested twice again the same night and next morning.

It's funny as we had recently thought of visiting a fertility clinic after 4 years of marriage without birth control and no sign of her being pregnant.

I'm 43 and never been a father but I sure do love kids. Life has just taken a whole new meaning.

Happened to me when I was around the same age - the wee fella is now nearly five and I can say without fear of contradiction - that in a very event filled life - this is the single bes thing EVER to happen to me.

Lots of hard work ahead - but the rewards are immesurable

BTW - get on to amazon and buy "what to Expect When Your Expecting" - it will help both yourself and your wife.... Good luck

Edited by MVSGUY

Thank you all.

A first visit to the doctor yesterday really made me think. I do want a child very much but the idea of being a father took a few days to sink in.

My father, 71, learned about it while at a campsite, ran outside and shouted the news at everyone that his first grandchild was on the way. I would have loved to see that moment. It's made him very proud. :o

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Thank you all.

A first visit to the doctor yesterday really made me think. I do want a child very much but the idea of being a father took a few days to sink in.

My father, 71, learned about it while at a campsite, ran outside and shouted the news at everyone that his first grandchild was on the way. I would have loved to see that moment. It's made him very proud. :o

Congrades to you both and your Father....

as an older father with TW and a 5 month old daughter. Its a life changer and I gotta tell ya brother .. I would'nt change it for the world.

Nothing but he greatest of joy wished for you and yours.

Well done Mr Tony.

Great feeling,,,my wife gave birth to our second daughter almost two weeks ago,,she is lovely and we have called her Jasmine.

I can truly say that your life will never be the same again.

Nice one :o

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hi Tony,

Just found this thread, and want to say congratulations in reply to your first post which was a few months ago, so I should also be wishing you advance mega mega congratulations again for tomorrow if all is still on schedule!!!

My girlfriend and I are still at the no-birth-control-but-no-sign-of-any-baby-yet stage :o:D:D . 8 months of this so far...hope we don't have to wait 4 years like you did! :D

All the very very best to you both, hope all goes smoothly, and look forward to seeing the happy news posted in the forum sometime in the next few hours (or days!)

:D

What an experience!

So excited when we left home yesterday that I forgot to put on my upper dentures and left them at home. cheesy.gif

We had to drive 30 minutes back, no way I was going to have pictures taken with missing teeth!

C-section was easy according to Pen, she was scared a bit before they wheeled her in. I couldn't hold the cam with all the crying and shaking, had to use a tripod, i was looking through the operating rooms door window, was ok.

He's under observation since yesterday, water retention on the lungs and maybe a slight infection making him breathe faster than normal. He's in an incubator getting some oxygen and will apparently remain there until tomorrow morning until culture results are back, just in case. He has nice colors and moves and cries a lot, doesn't look seriously sick at all or in pain. Mom is sad that she only got to see him for a few seconds after the operation. she just got up now for the first time and is planning on the two of us visiting the little man in an hour or so, that's a bit sad. I go down there whenever I want, walk in, pick a gown and go talk to him. I was lucky to hold him when he was a few minutes old and held his hand yesterday in the incubator.

post-16522-1200123132_thumb.jpg

Congratulations.

There is nothing like it is there ?

My wife didn't get to hold the baby or even see her for an hour or two as she was under a general anaethetic and I got to hold her after merely a minute or so in the theatre.

My best wishes to your wife, your son and yourself.

Congrat's matay!!

Edited by Onnutrd

So excited when we left home yesterday that I forgot to put on my upper dentures and left them at home. cheesy.gif

We had to drive 30 minutes back, no way I was going to have pictures taken with missing teeth!

post-16522-1200123132_thumb.jpg

We understand Tony, we understand:

Like Father, Like Son :D

Congratulations ! :o

LaoPo

Congrats on the arrival of the little one, Tony! Hope all of you are doing well.

Now don't tell me you didn't turn on the anti-shake function on the cam...

Had to use a tripod. So nervous I somehow managed to rewind and tape over the actual birth and washing of the baby :o for about 10 minutes

Congrats on the arrival of the little one, Tony! Hope all of you are doing well.

Now don't tell me you didn't turn on the anti-shake function on the cam...

Had to use a tripod. So nervous I somehow managed to rewind and tape over the actual birth and washing of the baby :o for about 10 minutes

Congrats!

Have you get someone to help your wife and yourself taking care of your son? Your wife needs alot of rest after the C- operations.

Enjoy your fatherhood!