Songkran listed as 1 of the top 3 festivals in Asia

snoop1130

83f1f6294649c52c3408b0badd9f53d9_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Though Thailand couldn’t hold the Songkran Festival for the last two years due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the festival has recently been selected as 1 of the top 3 festivals in Asia.

From a total of 37 festivals in Asia nominated to be ranked in the 2021 International Marine City Online Festival Forum hosted by South Korea, Thailand’s Songkran festival was selected in the top 3 along with the Harbin International Ice and Snow Sculpture Festival in China, and Boryeongโบเรียง Mud Festival in South Korea.

The Songkran Festival in Thailand is considered one of the most famous festivals in the world. Each year, large numbers of foreign tourists visit the country to enjoy the Songkran festival.

The festival also generates a large amount of income for the country and has always been the symbol of Thailand’s tourism.

nnt.jpg
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sungod said:

Millions of Thais, or a handful of Pattaya yobbos- math is quite easy

The photo in the OP says it all.

Each year, large numbers of foreign tourists visit the country to enjoy the Songkran festival.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KannikaP said:
21 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The festival also generates a large amount of income for the country and has always been the symbol of Thailand’s tourism.

And so for the other 51 weeks in the year?

Go go bars..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

The photo in the OP says it all.

Each year, large numbers of foreign tourists visit the country to enjoy the Songkran festival.

Yes they do, so more than the Pattaya yobbos you mentioned earlier. Thanks for the clarification.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, sungod said:

Yes they do, so more than the Pattaya yobbos you mentioned earlier. Thanks for the clarification.

Everyone to their own. If you enjoy being soaked with dirty, cold water when you walk down the street in your suit with your laptop, or getting knocked off your bike by a high powered jet, then good for you. And that's not only in Cities, it happens in my village.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Everyone to their own. If you enjoy being soaked with dirty, cold water when you walk down the street in your suit with your laptop, or getting knocked off your bike by a high powered jet, then good for you. And that's not only in Cities, it happens in my village.

No I dont, but it has nothing to do with your original post.

• Confused 2

45 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Needless to say, I personally detest what Songkran has become, a potemtial money making week in the year, nothing to do with Buddhism or Thailand..

That's ok.  They've driven a stake through its heart that won't be removed any year soon.

• Like 1

Meanwhile over a billion, mostly in Asia  celebrate Eids , Holi is enjoyed by over a billion and Christmas, Easter 900 million,,Narooz Yom Kippur worldwide., Of course here in the centre of the universe most things ,beyond  soi 55 are arelephant????

For a real wild festival where many are born die or never make it back forget Woodstock , Altamont or a few trustafarian drunks with water pistols ......Kumbj Mela on the Indian riverbanks upwards of 10 million, by Jove that really is a way to cleebrate Jupite, a coroboree with Shiva lingams/chiloums !

Can jou spot us among in the Mela melee twixt the ashen faced?

bvc.jpg.54ab101e1b5b1e3272081208bd602759.jpg

download.jpg

download.jpg

Edited by RubbaJohnny
  • Like 1

you've got to be kidding me.  Songkran is not a festival to me, just a gathering of folks of no significance celebrating a long ago event.  No new years celebration rates a festival in my mind.  And by the way, how many new years celebrations do these folks get???   just a made up scene for making a buck.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, KannikaP said:

And so for the other 51 weeks in the year?

Needless to say, I personally detest what Songkran has become, a potemtial money making week in the year, nothing to do with Buddhism or Thailand..

Is anything in Thailand to do with Buddhism now days. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Harsh Jones said:

Negative people.  It looks like fun and I want to experince it

Not negative at all. Just the voice of experience from many Songkran's.

It is fine until someone throws a bucket of dirty water, complete with lumps of ice still in it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Upnotover said:

I wonder if the Boryeongโบเรียง Mud Festival also generates a large amount of income for the country.  But frankly, who cares, looks like it might be well worth a visit.

image.png.fd1e8be2a366cfb168f92f36edfacbc0.png

I’ve heard it said most women love “bad boys”… well, most of us men like “dirty girls”!!!