Thailand - Coronavirus to spike amid extensive preventive measures

snoop1130

With the recent spike in Covid cases and deaths, the Thai government discussed how far it should go with restrictions. So far they haven't ruled out a Whuhan type lockdown.

As of July 22, there have officially been 453,132 COVID-19 infections with 3,697 deaths.

Health experts stated the rising Covid case and death tolls in Thailand have been spurred by the highly contagious Delta variant of the coronavirus that’s now become dominant in the country.

The pandemic has led to increased poverty, rising unemployment, and simmering protests against the government, particularly over a haphazard and lagging Covid vaccinations program that has seen only about 5% of the population fully vaccinated.

The government has imposed strict measures, including a curfew, in Bangkok and five adjacent provinces for two weeks as the government attempts to curb the soaring number of new Covid-19 infections.

All eateries to close at 8 pm, strict enforcement of social distancing measures, no public transport services from 9 pm to 4 am closure of public parks at 9 pm, closure of all infection-risk businesses such as salons, spas, and traditional massage parlors.

logo-2.png.f828c816bd9ac3ff529f42fdbfdd944c.png
  • Haha 1

EXTENSIVE PREVENTATIVE MEASURES?  Yes, there were some tried that have done little to stem the pandemic.  Procurement of the vaccines and mass vaccination of the population should have been one of the first measures followed by the others.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Health experts stated the rising Covid case and death tolls in Thailand have been spurred by the highly contagious Delta variant of the coronavirus that’s now become dominant in the country.

The pandemic has led to increased poverty, rising unemployment, and simmering protests against the government, particularly over a haphazard and lagging Covid vaccinations program that has seen only about 5% of the population fully vaccinated.

Somebody at the OP news source here has been verbatim copying and reposting the exact wording of my daily COVID updates for ASEAN NOW....  ????

I kind of find it strange that they are wearing PPE outfits in the video, it's not Ebola and if you read the CDC website, there is no need for PPE for this virus, more scaremongering, week by week.

We get the message people, now back off !

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Somebody at the OP news source here has been verbatim copying and reposting the exact wording of my daily COVID updates for ASEAN NOW....  ????

Maybe they have also got staff shortages due to Covid Infections.

Or, they could be just lazy

Its not on either way

15 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Can't even find the OP on a24now site? ????

Until, some of the rich, or ultra rich and powerful get infected and

get sick, or worse. Nothing will change at all. This is true for lots

of countries, unfortunately.  I will be happy when we can read that

90 percent of Thailand has had their first shots, including the children,

and 60 percent of all Thailands population have had their second shot as well.

Right now it is scary in Thailand.  I wish all of you  the best of luck.

Geezer

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Karma80 said:

Missed suicides and people going hungry. Never mind, 79 days until the country opens it's borders....

It's hard to imagine being broke in Bangkok.  

Up here in Issan theres at least support from friends and family.  My wife and her friends could forage for food.  

Frightening times.

52 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Like most things in life.....if it's good it will be copied.

Mind you, think listing you as the author is minimum requirement.

Why share something from a medium that doesn't even have an "about" button? Who is behind this? Talking about "Wuhan type lockdown" is crazy. They literally forced people to stay inside their homes 24 hours a day. There are vaccines and treatments now...

Edited by rick44

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 10:06 AM, 4MyEgo said:

I kind of find it strange that they are wearing PPE outfits in the video, it's not Ebola and if you read the CDC website, there is no need for PPE for this virus, more scaremongering, week by week.

We get the message people, now back off !

Huh? You actually believe whatever comes out from CDC? See how it got them in deep-<deleted> in the first place.Take reference from Singapore or HK. Do exactly what the govts of these 2 countries curtail the pandemic. Common sense prevails. 

But i thought that closure of all bars... would definitely kick off the virus ? How many months already ? 15 ?

No ?

It doesn't work as expected ?

So that's a good reason to... continue.

If we are lucky, perhaps, what doesn't work will eventually... work... one day. ????

Or perhaps... like communism in the USRR... we do not do enough ? We should do more ?

I propose to ban the sale and consumption of alcohol, everywere. And forever.

Voilà.

We just killed the virus. It feels good.

• Like 1

Anyone looked at the math on this?   Governments have been throwing around big numbers for 18 months in order to resolve the problem ( or abuse their powers / limit our freedom ).

Another big number released in Thailand ......20,000 cases in 1 day.  SO WHAT, that will mean it will take 9 and a half (9.58 ish ) years to infect everyone.

Ridiculous.