Missed 90 day deadline - will it be a problem?

Hello,

I arrived in Thailand on April 23rd, tourist visa exempt, then got a Non-O retirement in Chiang Mai.

Today it flashed through my mind that I missed the 90 day reporting deadline.

I plan to go tomorrow to Chiang Mai immigration and do it. I just have to bring my passport, right?

Will there be any consequences? What do you advise?

• Like 1

It has been a while since I was in this situation. However, I do not think the 90-day report is due. It is not required while you are on a visa exempt entry, and actually is not even required on the initial 90 days from the Non O visa. When you apply for the one-year extension of stay on the non immigrant entry, this counts as a 90-day report, and an explicit 90-day report does not become due until 90 days after your extension is granted.

• Like 1

The 90 day report can be done 2 weeks before and within 1 week after due date. Your previous receipt should have the date you are due to submit your next 90 day report ? The 90 day report is totally seperate from retirement extension and most other visas. You need to report every 90 days from when you first arrived in Thailand. The only time the sequence changes is when you leave Thailand and then return - the 90 day starts of from the date you rentered Thailand.

Edited by James7777
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, James7777 said:

You need to report every 90 days from when you first arrived in Thailand.

The OP will be applying for his first extension of stay that is considered equal to doing a 90 day report. After that he will be doing reports every 90 day.

He was not asking about the before and after allowances.

• Like 2

My 90 days notifying day was July 17. I went to Chonburi Immigration today. No word, they did it without delay. A long weekend and, maybe, other, more important things to manage in this country.

• Like 2

Ubonjoe - I stand corrected as it would appear that 'yes' the first application for extension counts as the first 90 day report - I assume the 90 day countdown then starts when the authors retirement extension was issued ?

Edited by James7777

14 minutes ago, James7777 said:

Ubonjoe - I will stick with my original repsonse - the 90 day report is totally seperate from an extension of stay - and does not count as a 90 day report.

That is correct after the first extension is done. The first one is considered as doing a 90 day report.

This from the immigration website.

"5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days."

Source: https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

• Like 1

Ubonjoe - yes I think the confusion sometimes comes that some expats also believe that everytime you do the retirement extension it counts as a 90 day report but as you have pointed out it is only on the first occasion. Thanks

• Like 1

If this is your first ninety day report you may need to fill out a form. The form doesn’t require anything special…..  it’s a tm47 form and available at the imm office.  Be sure you have your tm6 with you.  I keep mine stapled in my passport.  You’ll need the number on the tm6 and the date of entry, etc, etc. and your address to fill in the form.  Don’t quote me, but I think Chaing Mai Imm has their own tm47 to use but you can look online to see the type of info needed to fill it in.

Edited by Tracyb
  • Like 1

You want some genuine first hand experience:

I was 3 weeks late at Immigration in Nong Bua Lamphu last month and it cost me a ฿2,000 fine. All smiles, a free cup of coffee,  and a 'try not to forget again, and remember that your wife can do it for you when she's here shopping in town.' BTW, the amount of the fine is totally arbitrary - look old, infirm, and humble...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Theoretically, what might CW's take be on a 90day report mailed a little late, say, 14 days? As long as all else is in order & all previous have been timely, think this will get a pass?

They would probably send it back and tell you to report in person.

The rules state it has to be received 7 days before the report date.