Those Testing Positive for COVID-19 using Antigen Tests Can Get Treatment under Thai Healthcare System

snoop1130

ec4bc6dccc87e2638877d59c8b6f184d_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has decided that COVID-19 patients, who have positive antigen tests while in community isolation, can seek medical treatment under the healthcare system without first having the disease confirmed by an RT-PCR test.

CCSA assistant spokeswoman Dr. Apisamai Srirangsan said the move will help speed up the treatment of patients who are in community isolation awaiting medical care.

She said that the Public Health Ministry is still concerned that antigen tests can provide quick results which may not always be accurate, so training sessions may be held for communities to teach them how to conduct antigen testing with more accurate results, adding that the government will provide 8.5 million kits to the public.

Meanwhile, the Department of Medical Services (DMS) said a total of 30,036 COVID-19 patients in Bangkok have volunteered to self-isolate at home. Of them, 28,785 are covered by the medical care system set up by the National Health Security Office (NHSO), with the rest covered by the DMS.

nnt.jpg

Does that mean that they will include those positives in case totals then?  Just a question.

11 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

a total of 30,036 COVID-19 patients in Bangkok have volunteered to self-isolate at home. Of them, 28,785 are covered by the medical care system set up by the National Health Security Office (NHSO), with the rest covered by the DMS.

Have they volunteered to stay at home or were they told to stay at home until symptoms worsened and then they would be found a bed.  Seems to me that there are possibly hundreds waiting.

Map showing where people are waiting for care in Greater Bangkok: https://jitasa.care #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1419922303371026435

Edited by ThailandRyan

5 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

adding that the government will provide 8.5 million kits to the public.

At only 350 baht each in the pharmacies now.... every poor or out of work Thai family should buy a few instead of eating, maybe the morning scroungers will have to do without their free food as well.

3 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

Will these people be included in the covid "numbers"?

I'm sure the answer to that is no. All this article means is that they can start receiving treatment on the basis of the positive antigen test. I'm sure the hospital though will then want to do a follow-up PCR test to confirm.

I,ll post this query here rather than a new thread.

Bought an antigen test kit and went through the procedure, however at the end stage of putting 4 drops in the test well, i managed to deposit the full amount.... bad eyesight I guess.

The C line appeared quickly and I then waited 30 minutes no other line was showing so technically a negative test.

However with all the fluid from the vile deposited in the receiving well instead of a few drops is the test best disregarded or could it still be accurate.?

Edited by sapson