Pattaya: Where is our promised vaccine? Private sector pressing on with reopening makes vax plea

webfact

vaccine.jpg

File photo for reference only

The chief of the Pattaya Tourism Business Association said the private sector must not just be treated as an unruly child - they are struggling to survive and need help.

Bunanan Pattanasin said that very little assistance has been forthcoming from the Thai government. 

Foremost among the concerns at the moment are the promised 900,000 doses of vaccine.

So far Pattaya has received a paltry 70,000 doses. If Pattaya was really part of the government and TAT plans to reopen when the pandemic subsides then this needs to be addressed as a matter of priority.

Bunanan was in scathing as well as frustrated mood as he said after two lockdowns the tourism industry has received no substantive help to address concerns in the once thriving tourism mecca. 

He called for clear government policy rather than just imposing lockdowns then letting Pattaya get on with the consequences by themselves.

He said that Pattaya was not just a stubborn child but must struggle to find a way to survive.

His comments came after the Tourism Authority of Thailand suggested a slowdown to reopening plans in ten provinces on September 1st in light of the continued dire state of the pandemic. 

Bunanan said that he and others in Pattaya were pressing on with putting in place Standard Operation Procedures to present to the Chonburi Authorities thence TAT and CCSA (Covid steering committee in Thailand). 

"We can't stop preparing", he said. "We have to be ready if and when we can reopen.

"If that proves not to be September 1st then so be it. But our plans will still stay relevant for a future date when we can reopen". 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-28

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thai officialdom and private sector (hospitals) expects expats to go to Bang Sue rather than insist that Vaccines are brought to Pattaya. Apart from the fact they can't go to Bang Sue as it is now appointment only (Bangkok and immediately surrounding areas) the French got jabbed with J & J at Bangkok Pattaya without any fuss. Pattaya is in a deep red zone so should get the same deal as Bangkok. I missed Pattaya getting 70000 vaccines and havnt heard of any expat getting one. If the remaining 1m turn up where is the Regional Health Authorities App for booking appointments? I hope City Hall is not as  devious as Central Government in diverting vaccine profits?

7 hours ago, webfact said:

So far Pattaya has received a paltry 70,000 doses. If Pattaya was really part of the government and TAT plans to reopen when the pandemic subsides then this needs to be addressed as a matter of priority.

Just be quiet....

On 7/28/2021 at 8:43 AM, webfact said:

If Pattaya was really part of the government and TAT plans to reopen when the pandemic subsides then this needs to be addressed as a matter of priority.

Maybe they don't want Pattaya to re-open, not in it's "former glory" anyway.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, hobobo said:

Astra Zeneca at the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital for farangs who are registered patients at BPH 

"who are registered patients at BPH "

So you must be a patient before ..? What about those just old but in good health ..... in 13 years here in Pattaya never saw the inside of a hospital , only doctor i saw was for my first D.L. health certificate .....????

Oh....!... just let me stay in my "house arrest situation " (much safer) until a miracle  appears and  trustful vaccine arrives from whoever or anywhere , until then i just  trust on my own anti-body's , they worked fine up to now , and i don't like mixing in a possible covid infected crowd as i see now , to get "the saving vaccine " ????

Edited by david555

On 7/28/2021 at 9:20 AM, smedly said:

People are travelling to Bangkok to be vaccinated - why should they need to do this 

also, as far as I know only sinovac was available in Pattaya 

I don't like repeating myself and stating the obvious - this vaccine rollout is a shambles and continues to be

I had my AZ shot this week in Pattaya. Stop spreading false information. Please read other relevant threads before commenting

On 7/28/2021 at 9:20 AM, smedly said:

People are travelling to Bangkok to be vaccinated - why should they need to do this 

also, as far as I know only sinovac was available in Pattaya 

I don't like repeating myself and stating the obvious - this vaccine rollout is a shambles and continues to be

Yet you do repeat yourself. Why?

On 7/28/2021 at 3:36 PM, chilly07 said:

Thai officialdom and private sector (hospitals) expects expats to go to Bang Sue rather than insist that Vaccines are brought to Pattaya. Apart from the fact they can't go to Bang Sue as it is now appointment only (Bangkok and immediately surrounding areas) the French got jabbed with J & J at Bangkok Pattaya without any fuss. Pattaya is in a deep red zone so should get the same deal as Bangkok. I missed Pattaya getting 70000 vaccines and havnt heard of any expat getting one. If the remaining 1m turn up where is the Regional Health Authorities App for booking appointments? I hope City Hall is not as  devious as Central Government in diverting vaccine profits?

Read the other threads on this forum about people getting AZ jabs this week in Pattaya before commenting please.

22 minutes ago, david555 said:

"who are registered patients at BPH "

So you must be a patient before ..? What about those just old but in good health ..... in 13 years here in Pattaya never saw the inside of a hospital , only doctor i saw was for my first D.L. health certificate .....????

Oh....!... just let me stay in my "house arrest situation " (much safer) until a miracle  appears and  trustful vaccine arrives from whoever or anywhere , until then i just  trust on my own anti-body's , they worked fine up to now , and i don't like mixing in a possible covid infected crowd as i see now , to get "the saving vaccine " ????

The hospital that is your 'primary care giver' is your first point of contact as they have your medical records and history and contact details. BPH contacted me this week and invited me in two days later for a jab. There was about a hundred other foreigners there also, maybe more. I believe Thais with pre existing conditions are also receiving AZ here in Pattaya.

1 minute ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The hospital that is your 'primary care giver' is your first point of contact as they have your medical records and history and contact details. BPH contacted me this week and invited me in two days later for a jab. There was about a hundred other foreigners there also, maybe more. I believe Thais with pre existing conditions are also receiving AZ here in Pattaya.

I understand ....but hence my remark "what about those never needed hospital or never sick" ...????

So being old is not enough ....

Well let me keep trusting my healthy anti body's  as no hospital client ????

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I had my AZ shot this week in Pattaya. Stop spreading false information. Please read other relevant threads before commenting

might be more helpful to give some details as to how you managed this and before I go looking I will guess your situation may not be the same as most people - so do explain

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yet you do repeat yourself. Why?

and why are you trying to be such a smart ### - why not explain here how you got AZ in Pattaya or even copy and paste from another thread

The information is obviously not widely avalable otherwise we would all know about it.

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

BPH contacted me this week and invited me in two days later for a jab

so gradually you are giving us little snips of info here 

your gifted situation does not apply to me and I suspect does not apply to many others - I only shop in tesco's 

Just a thought

Pattaya is a pretty rogue city, Chonburi. Like Phuket it kinda does as it pleases. Maybe this is sort of it's reckoning. Unlike Phuket it lacks money and real power to make things happen.

Government interested in Pattaya tourists not the local farang scrum sitting on beach road in nylon gym shorts, singlet and 40b flip flops trying to pick a ST up from some tragic looking prostitute.

Edited by kynikoi

5 hours ago, david555 said:

I understand ....but hence my remark "what about those never needed hospital or never sick" ...????

So being old is not enough ....

Well let me keep trusting my healthy anti body's  as no hospital client ????

They will get to them I expect.... but they have to start somewhere, and people they have records and contact details for is a good starting point. It isn't all about you and have you made any effort to contact them? Are they supposed to look you up in the phone book?

Have you perhaps gone to the hospital and registered as a patient. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

They will get to them I expect.... but they have to start somewhere, and people they have records and contact details for is a good starting point. It isn't all about you and have you made any effort to contact them? Are they supposed to look you up in the phone book?

Have you perhaps gone to the hospital and registered as a patient. 

Funny..., reading your good advice ....

, in the month May  the Condo juristic put a announcement on lobby's & elevator to all come register ...... i did gave as asked a copy passport I.D. and tel. number  and age marked  extra ...... up to now dead silence..... that is why i comment Funny ..... but good advice .... only no any reaction anymore than that.

look the attachment translation from Thai to English i made that time, good thing ,.... but nothing happened up to now ......

Thai response seems not to work !  

Specialty : ....it is a Gov. owned condominium ????

covid vacc..jpg

Edited by david555

1 minute ago, david555 said:

Funny , in the month May  the Condo juristic put a announcement on lobby's & elevator to all come register

I am on their books, having had a broken wrist and some dental work, along with a few other expensive visits there, also did their survey thing a few weeks back. But I think that was Moderna focused. I just want to get jabbed, but do not think traveling to  Bangkok City makes sense. 

I just did the registering with that place in Sri Racha, but another post here made that look unlikely to bear fruit. 

The sooner the better, getting a bit fed up of staying home and living like a hermit.

Good of your condo to be proactive....

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

I am on their books, having had a broken wrist and some dental work, along with a few other expensive visits there, also did their survey thing a few weeks back. But I think that was Moderna focused. I just want to get jabbed, but do not think traveling to  Bangkok City makes sense. 

I just did the registering with that place in Sri Racha, but another post here made that look unlikely to bear fruit. 

The sooner the better, getting a bit fed up of staying home and living like a hermit.

Good of your condo to be proactive....

"Good of your condo to be proactive...."

yes , but to simple accurate for the higher echelons apparently .....

sergeants know always the real situation and solution on the battle field.... but the generals  don't agree with the low people as always....