Bangkok Pattaya hospital vaccine roll out?

Wardp

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya did only a survey recently on Moderna I assume to sound out the level of interest. But there is no mention of any vaccination taking place nor any plans in the near future.

Edited by 2ndhomepattaya
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2ndhomepattaya said:

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya did only a survey recently on Moderna I assume to sound out the level of interest. But there is no mention of any vaccination taking place nor any plans in the near future.

Moderna Covid-19 Vaccine Survey
The form Moderna Covid-19 Vaccine Survey is no longer accepting responses.
Try contacting the owner of the form if you think that this is a mistake.

14 minutes ago, 2ndhomepattaya said:

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya did only a survey recently on Moderna I assume to sound out the level of interest.

That particular survey was limited to existing registered customers.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, billaaa777 said:

I got a Astra Zeneca vaccine today July 29th at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. I had an 11 am appointment as did many other people. I was done by 12:30 and that included the half wait after you get the shot. I am registered at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital and they called me and asked if I wanted an appointment. The guy next to me in line said a friend of his received an email that said a vaccine was available. He got that email address and requested an appointment and his request was answered in a half hour. Before you ask, I don't have that email address, sorry.

Thanks for that report.

So now we know they do have some supply of AZ right now.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm 60 and a wee bit (which still seems weird to me) with no under laying issues aside from injuries I received in a moto accident a few months ago (the day before my 60th actually).

I've got an appointment tomorrow regarding an issue related to the accident injuries. I'll make a note to ask the doc about getting an AZ jab while I'm there.

I registered on another hospital site (KSBR) for the Moderna jab(s) but they won't start until October (maybe) and the closest hospital is in Chachoengsao.

Probably wouldn't hurt to get an AZ now and then a Moderna a couple months later.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Wardp said:

My friends have none of the five covid risk underlying conditions . 

It's an and/or situation. 

The Thailand priority criteria is being over age 60 and/or having one of the defined health conditions. You don't need both.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wardp said:

I did contact them I was on there list but they said the had reached the quota. I told them to remove me from the register.and I won't be using there hospital again as they are unprofessional .if you have pre registered patients with underlying health conditions they should be prioritised. Call me old fashioned.etc etc

If you're over 60 your criticism  is unfounded.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Kerryd said:

I'm 60 and a wee bit (which still seems weird to me) with no under laying issues aside from injuries I received in a moto accident a few months ago (the day before my 60th actually).

I've got an appointment tomorrow regarding an issue related to the accident injuries. I'll make a note to ask the doc about getting an AZ jab while I'm there.

I registered on another hospital site (KSBR) for the Moderna jab(s) but they won't start until October (maybe) and the closest hospital is in Chachoengsao.

Probably wouldn't hurt to get an AZ now and then a Moderna a couple months later.

The idea of getting a third shot booster is controversial and has not been heavily researched. I feel this trend for people to self diagnose a need for a third shot booster may carry considerable unknown risks. Hopefully we'll know more later about the specifics. Currently I would say two shots of AstraZeneca is excellent protection against hospitalization and death in case of breakthrough infections.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My wife ancient have been in LOS for 13 years. We are patients registered at BPH, my wife attends quite regularly, myself not so much, but I did have major, and very expensive, back surgery some years ago.

She had an appointment today to see a doctor, I took the opportunity to try to get a vaccine appointment for us both. I was directed to the internal medicine department, where the nurse took our cards, and attempted to register us for AZ.

She came back to me to say yes, my wife could be registered, but myself not... as I had not attended the hospital for more than a year!

Breaking news, the doctor has authorised BOTH for vaxx!. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, 2ndhomepattaya said:

Moderna Covid-19 Vaccine Survey
The form Moderna Covid-19 Vaccine Survey is no longer accepting responses.
Try contacting the owner of the form if you think that this is a mistake.

They sold a limited number of Moderna Vaccines  to people via their Facebook page. I bought one at midnight as soon as they went on sale.

Numbers were apparently VERY limited as my friend tried to buy one 12 hours later and was told they didn't have any more.

Hopefully I actually get mine...was told October at Bangkok Pattaya.

• Haha 1

It seems to me that many of us who have been regular patients at a hospital are being contacted by those hospitals with an invitation to book a vaccine injection. On this basis I have just had my first jab of AZN with a second jab booked for September. It's definitely worth trying any hospital which has treated you in the past.

Just came back from BHP.
The cardiology doctor I saw knew nothing about the vaccinations but her nurse did and filled her in about it.

Gave her (the nurse) my passport and a couple minutes later she came back to let me know what day and time I could come back next week to get jabbed.
No walk in vaccinations. You have to see a doctor and he/she has to approve you getting the jab.

Note - this will be an issue for some of you I'm sure. They want to see your original passport. Not an expired one. Not a photocopy. The current, valid, original passport.

(Note: I'm over 60 but no underlying conditions.)

Also note, I've been using BHP regularly for years, I'm in their "system", they call me before each appointment, but no one ever called to let me know about the vaccinations.

I imagine they are keeping it low key so they don't wake up tomorrow morning to find 10,000 people blocking the entrances, trying to get a shot of AZ.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

so ? is it only for over 60 and the hospital customers ?

if it is free it means that they get it for free, but from where ?

and if this hospital gets it, other hospitals also get it, so we just need to check as often as possible.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's an and/or situation. 

The Thailand priority criteria is being over age 60 and/or having one of the defined health conditions. You don't need both.

I suppose the 'and' is redundant then. 

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The idea of getting a third shot booster is controversial and has not been heavily researched. I feel this trend for people to self diagnose a need for a third shot booster may carry considerable unknown risks. Hopefully we'll know more later about the specifics. Currently I would say two shots of AstraZeneca is excellent protection against hospitalization and death in case of breakthrough infections.

If anyone pushes for a third  booster shot I can image it will be championed by the multi national drug companies and the research into a 3rd booster will also be funded by them too  .. Profits are  "KING"   and <deleted> the people .    

2 minutes ago, mahjongguy said:

Well, no.  If you remove the "and" then you disqualify those who meet both requirements.

Rubbish.... the OR means they qualify twice. 

Ever heard of Boolean.....

Since the discussion was about discussion, I retract my statement.

I still tend to think in programming terms, like SQL, where a simple OR would return two records. That may or may not be desirable to the person creating the report.

My own underlying disease requires that I can only drink decaf coffee, and it shows.