Thailand’s Tourism Ministry Reduces Mandatory Stay under Phuket “Sandbox” to 7 Days

snoop1130

5 hours ago, sezze said:

"Mr. Phlipat added that Hua Hin district, in Prachuap Khiri Khan, and Cha-am in Phetchaburi province are expected to welcome foreign tourists from October 1st. Bangkok and Pattaya, which are still "dark red" zones, will remain closed until the fourth quarter. Buri Ram province will also remain closed, with the cancellation of the Thailand Motorcycle Grand Prix. "

Can somebody inform me when October 1st some zones will open , and Bangkok and Pattaya will remain closed until FOURTH QUARTER ? Now forgive me for being stupid but 4th q in my book starts October 1st .

5 hours ago, sezze said:

"Mr. Phlipat added that Hua Hin district, in Prachuap Khiri Khan, and Cha-am in Phetchaburi province are expected to welcome foreign tourists from October 1st. Bangkok and Pattaya, which are still "dark red" zones, will remain closed until the fourth quarter. Buri Ram province will also remain closed, with the cancellation of the Thailand Motorcycle Grand Prix. "

Can somebody inform me when October 1st some zones will open , and Bangkok and Pattaya will remain closed until FOURTH QUARTER ? Now forgive me for being stupid but 4th q in my book starts October 1st .

Their calendar comes from the same printer as the TAT forecasts.

6 hours ago, sezze said:

He probably means "sometime in the fourth quarter". For instance, December 31st.  ????

Edited by Espanol

3 hours ago, Pracha Duang said:

So you can order fresh produce and ocean catch directly from the source at like an 80% discount. I now have this local fisherman, he just goes out in the ocean every morning and catches me Jumbo Tiger Prawn and sea bass daily. 500 baht for 1kg of Tiger Prawn. Would cost 2500 baht at Central and 4000 baht at a Phuket eatery. 

And I’m ordering fresh organic produce online directly from the farmers in Krabi and they deliver it to me every two days. It’s so insanely cheap compared to buying organic from Central or Villa. I’m like buying 10kg organic veggies a week for 2000 baht or something. It’s pennies compared to store bought ( prob 20,000 baht for 10kg ). And the store bought isn’t even fresh.

Tanks for the advice.

Having links to those retailers would be great.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Espanol said:

Since tourists are not the source of Covid-19, but local transmission, may be they want to take them out from Phuket to a safer place before they get infected. ????

Whatever TAT’s reasoning is, you can bet it’s half-baked and not well thought through. 

• Like 1

Thailand really needs look at its competitors:

1, Mexico (for Americans): one test before departure, simple online health questionnaire, no vaccine certificate required, no health insurance requirement, no quarantine, no check on arrival, no hotel requirement, no need to download tracking app.

2, Maldives (for wealth diaspora from Europe and Middle East) : One test before departure, simple online registration, no vaccine certificate required, no health insurance requirement, no quarantine, no check on arrival, required hotel booking but no check, no need to download tracking app.

3, Spain/Portugal/Greece (for middle and lower chunk of European tourists) : Most cases only vaccine certificate required if from non-EU country. Most cases online registration if from non-EU country without the need to upload hotel booking, vaccine certificate, no insurance requirement, no quarantine in most cases, no check on arrival for Covid, no need to download tracking app.

4, UAE (for some middle and upper class European tourists) : Online form needed but no need to upload evidence. PCR required before departure, no arrival tests unless you are from countries of concern, tracking app needed for Dubai, no physical checks on which hotel you booked and move freely once in Dubai.

So no, I am still not coming. Maldives is closer and nicer.

• Like 2

Proposal

Open up the whole country for tourists. No quarantine, no mandatory vaccination.

Why ?

17000 cases daily. Raising. Next week probably 25000. Before it gets better in 4 weeks - according to the 

PM - I think it's likely to reach 50000. Neither Phuket nor Samui couldn't stop new infections.

The few imported cases from the tourists do not really count anymore. Do they ?

• Like 2

Petri Phuket is one the safest places to be in Thailand !

I remember back in April Issan was, until they started letting people come back to their villages from the red zones !

Why doesn't the govt start sending some of the sick out to Petri Phuket  and share the gift that keeps on giving !

"The plan for tourists to island-hop after a seven-day stay in Phuket, only recently approved, has already been put off due to the recent spread of the virus, TAT governor Yuthasak Supasorn said."

PUBLISHED : 29 JUL 2021 AT 17:54

????????????????????

Edited by Espanol
  • Like 2

On 7/29/2021 at 10:50 AM, Pracha Duang said:

Lmao about no booze sales. The question is, do you actually live here? Duty free Booze has been readily available via third party sellers on Facebook that smuggle it in and via Wishbeer throughout the entirety of covid. I literally was ordering full pallets of wine and kegs of beer off Facebook and Wish and having them delivered to my house in Phuket from Bangkok ( free delivery too ). Whenever they “ban alcohol” in Thailand, you can also just order Grab food delivery and have the Grab guy go buy wine at Central or beer at 711. You just pay him cash outside of Grab + a little tip. And tbh, most restaurants in Phuket never stopped serving alcohol. You just need to know how to ask. They serve it to you in foam cups.

I swear a lot of people on here don’t actually live in Thailand. If you think it’s difficult to get alcohol in Thailand…yikes. 

Honestly, covid has upped Thailand’s online delivery game in a big way. I literally just do everything online now and have it delivered for a few baht. It’s also great because all the farms and fisherman have moved to Facebook too. So you can order fresh produce and ocean catch directly from the source at like an 80% discount. I now have this local fisherman, he just goes out in the ocean every morning and catches me Jumbo Tiger Prawn and sea bass daily. 500 baht for 1kg of Tiger Prawn. Would cost 2500 baht at Central and 4000 baht at a Phuket eatery. 

And I’m ordering fresh organic produce online directly from the farmers in Krabi and they deliver it to me every two days. It’s so insanely cheap compared to buying organic from Central or Villa. I’m like buying 10kg organic veggies a week for 2000 baht or something. It’s pennies compared to store bought ( prob 20,000 baht for 10kg ). And the store bought isn’t even fresh.

Seems like those that aren’t tech savvy and don’t understand how to use online shopping are missing out in a big way. But I mean…alcohol has never been difficult to get here. Never. 

Nothing wrong with patronizing local farms and fisherman but buying contraband alcohol from known smugglers is beyond the pale of decency, probably a chargeable crime.

• Like 1

I will not be going to Thailand via the Phuket sand trap or otherwise

until the rules and other factors are way different. Same for the USA

or anywhere that the COVID virus is still spiking. My guess is maybe

November 2022, conditions will be better.

Geezer

• Confused 1