Pattaya City residents continue food giveaways to hundreds of needy people during Covid-19 crisis around Pattaya

snoop1130

1822637-696x522.jpg

Pattaya City has continued to sponsor and participate in food giveaways to hundreds of needy people at the Bali Hai Pier in South Pattaya during the Covid -19 crisis this week.

Due to Covid-19 related restrictions, thousands of businesses are forced to close currently in Pattaya and Chonburi, including the cities lifeblood tourism, hospitality, and entertainment industry. Unfortunately, cases continue to rise overall and there is no sign of loosening restrictions or easing closure orders anytime soon. On top of this, according to many people who have been laid off or lost their jobs, there has been little to no financial aid from the central government.

Major Jeerawat Sukhontasap, the head of Pattaya City Law Enforcement, told The Pattaya News, “This area at the Bali Hai Pier was previously used for people to do activities like skateboarding and before that tourism arrivals. However, during Covid-19, this area has not been used due to Covid -19 measurements and we have shut down sports-related activities and skateboarding due to concern about the spread of the virus. ”

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/28/pattaya-city-residents-continue-food-giveaways-to-hundreds-of-needy-people-during-covid-19-crisis-around-pattaya/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pattaya's tears: Huge numbers queue in long lines for handouts

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Thai media Daily News went to Pattaya and found that the situation was desperate for people during the latest dire stage of the pandemic. 

They were at the activity area at the Bali Hai port in South Pattaya.

The area should be full of Chinese and tourists of other nationalities milling about or on their way to Koh Larn. They are long gone.

Instead the media had a picture of about a dozen lines of seated folk stretching far into the distance. 

There were so many that the tessakit, local officials and police had to arrange for the donations to be handed out in three stages at 8 am, noon and 5 pm. All with social distancing, masks and gels in place and on hand.

One person with tears welling up spoke for them all in saying they had no salary, no money, not enough for the rent and were relying on handouts from generous people. 

The person said they also needed soap, toothpaste and dry goods but didn't want to spoil the mood and speak up for fear of looking ungrateful. 

Pattaya's tourism has been completely obliterated in the latest wave of infections that shows no sign of abating.

The once prosperous resort city was already suffering from the previous waves but has now reached a new low despite the sterling efforts of people trying to help the needy. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Sad 10

7 minutes ago, Adelphi said:

The virus is now widespread in Thailand. It is not going away without mass vaccination.  Is it not better to let fully tested and vaccinated people in without other hurdles.  They are low risk in terms of infection.  They will spend significantly more than a poor unregulated refugee slipping across the border from Myanmar. Time to get real. 

To properly open up Pattaya needs the workers who have returned to their homes, mainly in Isaan.

The majority of these will return without having had a vaccine in their home towns.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

One person with tears welling up spoke for them all in saying they had no salary, no money, not enough for the rent and were relying on handouts from generous people. 

Prayut cares.... 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, joskeshake said:

They don't have vaccins, my Thai wife registered already 4 times, and every time she go, the answer is , no have vaccins , and can you believe this is one of the richest countries of the world ? but no have money to buy proper vaccins fot there own people, shame on you.

One of the richest countries in the world? We are talking about Thailand not Norway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Letseng said:

What would vaxxed tourists do in case they get infected? I'm fully vaccinated but at present I rather stay put in Europe. There is nothing to attract many tourists, everything is closed. Plus the risk of getting Covid no matter how light an infection it may be. LongCovid risk is still there.

Hi Letseng.  Thanks for your question.  I was not thinking so much about tourists.  If you have a patrner, children, house or job in Thailand you could be attracted back.  I was just suggesting that for such fully vaccinated and tested people the risk of letting them return without additional hurdles was low - and it would only be the decent thing to do.  

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 3:12 PM, soalbundy said:

One of the richest countries in the world? We are talking about Thailand not Norway.

I'm not writing ''riches'' for the people, so easy to understand i think, but difficult to write about, they blocked me on several sites already because ..........