Pickup truck full of durian gets stuck under Chonburi overpass, blames GPS, goes viral on social media

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Have you notice that they not put high limit on underpass here. Also weight limit is normally not reported on bridges in Thailand.

So if you know your load is 3 metres high, get to bridge that says max height 2.5, what do you do? 

Close to where I live there is a 8 km stretch of road which say max weight 20 tons at each end. There are signs in the middle which say max 15 tons!

8 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Have you notice that they not put high limit on underpass here. Also weight limit is normally not reported on bridges in Thailand.

Would they have notice taken of them by Thai drivers?

1 hour ago, DrPhibes said:

Reminds me of the infamous truck killing 11ft 8in bridge in Duram North Carolina.  BTW, durian, their never going to get the smell out of that bridge.

???? So this is an international phenomenon!

In Thailand the GPS was blamed. ...and these were due to...?

(not a Thai exclusive! 555)

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A female driver and her pickup truck full of durian got stuck under an overpass in Mueang Chonburi yesterday, blaming her GPS system, going viral on social media causing many comments and jokes.

I bet the truck was already at the angle going down the road... talk about overloaded.

• Haha 2

It comes down to perhaps the single most significant weakness most Thai people have. The pathological fear of losing face. Who cares what people think of you? For those of us with high self esteem, it just does not matter. Sure, close friends and family. But strangers on the street? Who gives a **** about this? It means nothing what they think, nor what they say about you. Nothing, less than zero. They count for nothing. They are just people, and people you do not know, nor will ever see again.

Face is rife with self doubt, and by subscribing to this weakness, and man or woman is made a far lesser person. I consider the practice of face to be the polar opposite of the practice of Buddhism, which teaches the need for introspection, contemplation, owning up to a problem, and taking responsibility for issues, problems and tragedies that you create in life.

As many of us know, a percentage of the Thai population lives within fairly small boxes, of social convention, traditions and expectations. That is not a life that some of us choose. Those that are bold and courageous, will find a way to break past conventions, and live a fulfilling life, based on their own choices, independence, and esteem.

So my message to this woman is this. Man up. Woman up! Admit you messed this one up badly. You dropped the ball. Not the GPS. You. Only you and your faulty eyeballs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I bet the truck was already at the angle going down the road... talk about overloaded.

No problem here as they fit 3 ton springs on a 1 ton truck. No thought as to how it affects steering.

17 hours ago, johng said:

Not the first by the look of the damage to the concrete  I wonder if there is a height sign attached to that overpass ?

easy to forget how high the load is. Especially when it's loaded that high. A height limit sign on!y works for those who know how high their vehicle is loaded and who actually remember...

seen so many videos of vehicles taller than the gap between road and bridge...

I recall seeing a sign somewhere, that said, if you cannot get under this sign, you cannot get under this next bridge. It also had an escape road off to one side, so overheight vehicles were detoured. Good idea. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:
1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

No problem here as they fit 3 ton springs on a 1 ton truck. No thought as to how it affects steering.

Or stopping.

Changing lanes without tipping over IMO is why they stick to one lane 

19 hours ago, johng said:

Not the first by the look of the damage to the concrete  I wonder if there is a height sign attached to that overpass ?

Wouldn't matter as I doubt she knows how high the truck is, Anyway she goes under there almost every day on her mocy.

• Haha 1