ASQ / Duty free situ?

Jay2013

Greetings all, swaddee kap,

Are ASQ travellers allowed to take duty free purchased liquor to their hotel rooms for quarantine? 

What if i was to bring UK purchased booze in my luggage? Surely this won't be a issue, but i would like to make sure. 

Cheers guys. 

When I stayed in my ASQ hotel this May, they didn't check my luggage or even ask me about alcohol.  I didn't bring any as I heard it was off limits and didn't want to take a chance of being kicked out of the hotel/country.

Edit; I don't remember if there was fine print about alcohol when I made the reservation, maybe give it a good reading before packing the suitcase.

Edited by bbko

I arrived in February and had two litres of (well wrapped up) booze in my checked bag. No issue this end. Worst case scenario is they confiscate it, or even give it back after quarantine.

at my asq they asked if i had certain things: alcohol, knives, some drugs, etc.. everything they asked about came from the list.

At the bottom it said something like “we will hold them for you and return to you at time of check-out” or words to that effect.

They didn’t do a physical bag search, but made me sign a statement that i didn’t have any of these items with me or in any of my bags. 

Friend just arrived from USA this past Wednesday night, ASQ at a hotel near Erawan Square now, Thai wife and half-baby 12yo.  Purchased 1 Liter of booze for each carryon from duty free at stopover in Korea.  So he got 3 liters in and they never asked anything.

However, when walking all their luggage out through Customs, the Thai family behind them got pulled to the side.  Of course he couldn't stick around to see what happened to them LOL.

He also tested out having a friend bring them food from outside the hotel.  It worked.  We reckon a couple beers could be hidden in a food package pretty easily.