RTP: Media warned of jail over case of drunk who fell over in the street - NOT dead from Covid

webfact

4 minutes ago, webfact said:

Krissana warned about possible five year prison terms and fines of 100,000 baht for propogating and spreading fake news and rumours that could damage public security

In other countries, its the government that spread fake news. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

So why wear the PPE?

And all the other people who died in the street from COVID? Real? Or Fake, now?

Just seven days ago we were told that the pm was "stunned" to see photos of people who died in the street from COVID.

"A picture like this must not be seen again. It is the responsibility of all agencies, not just the Public Health Ministry. Agencies involved must find ways to take these people to field hospitals," the prime minister said.

He made the remarks following an outcry over the delay in collecting a body, one of three, found in a street in Phra Nakhon district on Tuesday night.

RTP pronouncement supports yesterday's New and Improved anti-fake news "law".

10 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

So why wear the PPE?

And all the other people who died in the street from COVID? Real? Or Fake, now?

Just seven days ago we were told that the pm was "stunned" to see photos of people who died in the street from COVID.

"A picture like this must not be seen again. It is the responsibility of all agencies, not just the Public Health Ministry. Agencies involved must find ways to take these people to field hospitals," the prime minister said.

He made the remarks following an outcry over the delay in collecting a body, one of three, found in a street in Phra Nakhon district on Tuesday night.

RTP pronouncement supports yesterday's New and Improved anti-fake news "law".

Precaution for sure.. after that you know if its real or not. I disagree with the law though. But it makes sense to approach possible covid victims in PPE. Better safe then sorry.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CALSinCM said:

I'm just polishing my reality goggles and attempting to understand the difference. 

Don't bother.

News is what the regime says it is.

Fake news is what the regime says it is.

This isn't about news or fake news, it's about suppression. You don't have to be particularly bright to see that.

Criticism of all things here is rampant. Before, this sort of thing was self-controlled and self-policed. Now, the public feels the need to express themselves. And they're letting loose.

This sort of thing cannot be allowed to continue. 

But I'm not sure they can turn the clock back, without serious repression?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Its covid. Not the plague. If someone collapses near you please help them.

Its far more likely to be something like a heart attack than extreme covid illness.

People have been collapsing in the streets since there were streets.  The list of conditions leading to sudden unconsciousness is long.  And yet today the public is now so successfully indoctrinated that if someone falls down in the street it "A Covid Deat!" or "Covid Got Them!"  A covid death is more likely to be a lingering death from lack of oxygen and organ failure.

Just toss common sense and basic humanity out to window.  Crank the Fear Index to 11 and get out of the way for The New Normal or get run over.

Not one person has condemned the media for publishing 'facts' before checking if what they are publishing is true. Which, because of lazy journalism, is very common in Thailand. No sign at all of the balanced view that the posters demand of others, only 'more censorship by the government' and we have the right to have fake news if we want it and it fits our prejudiceded view.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, CALSinCM said:

A caveat:

I find main-stream news hyperbole, exaggeration, over-embellishment, and distortion to be - disgusting. 
Facts?  Who needs facts.  Facts don't sell.  Exaggeration and hype sells.

However, I find the exact same behavior by government employees, spokespersons, and ministers to be just as - disgusting.

They both do it and they both do it for the same reasons.  However, one has the guns and can throw the other into jail.  That's about the only difference.  We really do live in a time of universal deceit.  That's disgusting as well.

You need  to throw  into the mix an uneducated  population with a  willingness NOT to learn in many cases.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 4:34 AM, engamann said:

Hmm Cha Cha worried about fake news , lets see. 

There will be no coupe in Thailand , fake news 

I will bring happiness back to the people , fake news. 

I will fix the lottery prices , fake news. 

We will have allot of vaccine from June , fake news. 

We will have a fair election , fake news. 

I will end corruption , fake news. 

The new world language will be Thai , fake news lol so funny.

I guess we could go on but let the fake news police start whit this , good luck.

The borrowed watches fake news.

The PMs brother with army money in private bank account. Misunderstanding fake news

This person may not have died, but my Thai family told me of someone

who died, and it took hours before a rescue crew in correct protection

gear came and removed the body. The pandemic is still killing 

lots of people all over the world, and I will be happy the day that 100 percent

of all people have had their first shot and 75 percent, including all the children have had

their second shot.

Geezer

The RTP it's duty is to maintain the law.. But it seems all the time that RTP IS the law... they do whatever they like, they are their own judges and seems to be above any law.. When are they being stripped of al this power ?? 

On 7/30/2021 at 9:29 AM, Neeranam said:

In other countries, its the government that spread fake news. 

yes ....... and many on thaivisa were on about this last week ....    so they in fact may be liable also.

Edited by steven100
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, steven100 said:

yes ....... and many on thaivisa were on about this last week ....    so they in fact may be liable also.

and you are one of the biggest spreaders, of fake news, trying your hardest to justify this governments actions... or more importantly, lack of action.

14 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

The RTP it's duty is to maintain the law.. But it seems all the time that RTP IS the law... they do whatever they like, they are their own judges and seems to be above any law.. When are they being stripped of al this power ?? 

Same for Police forces all over the world. They can choose not to enforce laws and make their own interpretations, same applies to public prosecutors. Just because a law exists doesn't necessarily mean it will be enforced. The Rotherham Child Rape scandal by Pakistani/Bangladeshi gangs raping vulnerable white girls proved this. The West Yorkshire Police were fully aware of what was going on but refused to do anything for political reasons. The Chief constable who sanctioned this 'non-intervention' is still in office receiving a high salary and a brilliant pension when he retires