39,500 COVID-infected people are in home or community isolation

snoop1130

S__73416725.jpg

Altogether 39,500 asymptomatic and mildly symptomatic COVID-19 patients have, so far, registered to remain in home or community isolation, under the supervision of 104 community clinics and other health service providers, according to Dr. Jadet Thamtat-aree, secretary-general of the National Health Security Office (NHSO).

Initially, each medic at a clinic will be able to cope with 20-30 patients but, with the introduction of online monitoring systems, Dr. Jadet said that each can now handle more than 100 patients simultaneously, pointing out that the main task of a clinic is to ensure regular delivery of food and medical supplies to the infected people.

Attending to the patients, he said, does not need close physical contact and can be done via a video call, adding that he will seek cooperation, from community clinics and other health service providers involved in the home-community isolation project, to accept more patients who live far away, where such services are not available, because distance should not pose an obstacle to online monitoring.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/39500-covid-infected-people-are-in-home-or-community-isolation/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Initially, each medic at a clinic will be able to cope with 20-30 patients but, with the introduction of online monitoring systems, Dr. Jadet said that each can now handle more than 100 patients simultaneously,

That in itself will still lead to that one medic being overworked, and can still lead to some mistakes being made.  You can not watch 100 patients and help them as just one individual when many need help and are trying to reach someone who is busy with another.  Insanity is the word that springs to mind.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

Wow - counting them - will these be included in the "numbers", ignored or added in one go (like prisoners)?

Of course they'll be counted. They are registered as the article says, so they are 'in the system' as the phrase goes.

This would certainly be my preferred option if the virus ever came my way. I hate being in hospitals and they would have to drag me, screaming into one of those dreadful 'field hospitals' things. I have my own way of fighting off infections and neither of the above would be conducive to my methods.

• Like 1

Those numbers will be increasing daily, but what will the difference be if the hospitals are still full, the critical are cases rising and then those on ventilators.  This is becoming a nightmare scenario, but then many others believe it is just a minor inconvenience that will go away soon, Just as the PM does in 4 to 6 weeks.  Hate to tell him and those that believe him, this aint over and the fat lady has not even started her vocal warmup for her swan song.

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

That in itself will still lead to that one medic being overworked, and can still lead to some mistakes being made.  You can not watch 100 patients and help them as just one individual when many need help and are trying to reach someone who is busy with another.  Insanity is the word that springs to mind.

Is there anything different than yesterday, temp OK, need food, etc... Click button, next. As they say here, same same. Not all 100 need to be handled at the exact same time or even every day.  It's not much different than how a call center operates.  Sure, some might take a little more time but it is doable.

• Thanks 1