Pandemic in Thailand: The worst is still to come - DDC predicts 20-30,000 cases and 400 deaths per day

webfact

17 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Only if you died at the scene.

All hospitals write the cause of death on a Thai Death Certificate. If you get creamed on your motorcycle they'll write that you died in a road accident. Thai Govt road death stats bear little reality to what is  actually recorded.

Edited by edwinchester
  • Like 1

It would be interesting to see what is in this buffoon's mathematical model.  Garbage in, garbage out.

Even with meaningful methodology, any model is meaningless with case numbers manipulated down with general lack of testing, refusal to act on results of antigen tests that have no provision for PCR confirmation.  That also makes mitigation methods ineffective as he doesn't know where the cases are. 

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 1

Very obvious it is going to 60,000 reported cases and 450 reported deaths a day with real numbers many more before its done. This guy and his mates will continue fiddling around with his models while Rome burns and nothing anyone can do about it. There will be many more avoidable deaths.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, edwinchester said:

From the OP

"The peak would be September 14th."

From yesterday's news

Somebody needs to worry about being had up for fake news.

Makes me think of that the ASEAN Now-experts may be as precise as any other Covid-experts, ASEAN Now-experts could perhaps even be more precise...????

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

How about you drop the quarantine for fully vaxxed returning residents?  We’d get on the next available flight outta here.  And you wouldn’t have to vaccinate us…

you and me both brother.  but Thai loose face big time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kwaibill said:

I think trouble lies with the initial success at limitation, and not understanding that procurring vaccines for a new disease is not like strolling down to 7/11 for a strip of paracetemol.

I think Australia and New Zealand have the same issue.  Countries with early success seem to have been slow to procure vaccines.  All these 'experts' advising their governments seem to lack the basic ability to predict outcomes.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, wombat said:

i don't get why other peoples opinions are derided?
its up to the individual to sort the excrement from the strawberry jam

I didn't deride the Thai experts - it was not at all my intention - I just made a comparison to all us well informed ASEA-Now-posters, some might be equally good...????