Pandemic in Thailand: The worst is still to come - DDC predicts 20-30,000 cases and 400 deaths per day

webfact

3 hours ago, Owiee said:

I would suggest we are already at these numbers. The reported cases are stats obtained from people trying to get into hospitals, what about all those who have not been tested if testing was implemented across the country current numbers would be blow out of the water. 

Agree totally, testing has been nowhere near at a high enough volume to get an accurate picture....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mikebell said:

'The Thai government has outlawed sharing news that “causes public fear”, even if such reports are true, as officials face mounting criticism over their handling of the pandemic.'  - From this morning's Guardian.  This guy is in hot water!

By that logic it would be illegal for the good doctor to be sharing his predictions. His figures are sure scaring the s**t out of me.

• Like 1

In the “Man vs. Delta” battle it looks like Delta already a clear winner. 

Maybe time to stop counting cases and waste resources on contact tracing. Delta’s infection-rate is just too high for that. At this point the case numbers serve no purpose.

Focus 100% on getting EVERYBODY vaccinated instead and use all resources available on providing care for the sick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

Realistic possibility’ of super Covid variant which could kill up to one in THREE people

THERE is a "realistic possibility" of a coronavirus super variant emerging which could kill up to one in three people, according to members of the Government's Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE).

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1470262/covid-deaths-sage-doomsday-coronavirus-variant-kill-one-in-three-people-ont

Maybe the original could be useful here? 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1007566/S1335_Long_term_evolution_of_SARS-CoV-2.pdf

The sad thing is this began 3 months ago in India.

It was spreading within two weeks to 26 other countries.

There was zero preparation.  The vaccines from China were targeted for the Alpha variant.

Abysmal planning by so called " Generals".

God help us all.

• Like 2

I dont understand all this: on July 26th, PM Prayuth himself confirmed "that the infections will disappear after 2-3 weeks, max. after 4 weeks" means: by the end of August we all should be care-free again

so, what's all these medical, scientific counter- arguments now???

Edited by thurien
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, thurien said:

I dont understand all this: on July 26th, PM Prayuth himself confirmed "that the infections will disappear after 2-3 weeks, max. after 4 weeks" means: by the end of August we all should be care-free again

so, what's all these medical, scientific counter- arguments now???

Thay do not know , they just say no matter what to give the impression that they know and do something .

If you believe them , ur lost .

15 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Has this been cleared through government sources as this information is well and truly frightening 

yes, it is not only frightening, scary - it might also be a solid misunderstanding / misinterpretation. Contents are rife to be run through the newly- established official "fake news" analyser

Edited by thurien

"But Dr Opas asssessed with vaccine being given to the elderly, those with seven health conditions and 12 week pregnant women plus lockdown effectiveness of 20-25% over two months this would mean the death toll could be kept down to 100 per day. "

Would that 100 deaths a day be the unvaccinated foreigners in the provinces? Probably put down as collateral damage. ☹️☹️

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Maybe that's His plan. Life would certainly be easier on this planet with half the people gone.

Asking for help from capricious mystical entities can be dangerous.

Thats so wierd.  My wife (Thai) said a similar thing.

Unsettling.

10 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Right on. The truth is sad and sorry state of failed affairs in a sad and sorry state. This place has been, and continues to be, crushed. Domestically, financially, economically, politically, logistically...as well as medically. 

CRUSHED.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

So yes, I would also go with something very close to worst case scenario. As you just can't fix stupid.

My feeling too. Possibly going towards an India-like scenario (someone suggested that above).

As I mention India, I was sitting next to one of my wife's relatives a few months ago, in our village in Isan during a buddhist ceremony. India was a cataclysmic story by then. The man told me "such a thing will not happen in Thailand, we are protected because we have a hot climate". Can you believe it? How uninformed and uneducated these people can be....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dutchman said:

There is not much of a  lockdown my gf treveled  to our recidence with car and had all the papers from gouverment allow travel.

Never seen any roadblock anywhere

Yes, the provincial travel news seems to be more fiction, from a group that only seems to know falsehoods, lies, and deception. Nobody I have spoken with has encountered any travel issues, other than trying to get onto the islands. 

4 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

I left a month ago writing was on the Wall , I’ve got my Moderna , I hope it helps 

I spoke with a friend and business associate last night on the telephone and he had come down with covid-19 in California and been hospitalized. Unfortunately, even though he had been fully vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine he still caught the virus. However, had he not been vaccinated his situation could have been far worse. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Maybe if they paid any attention to you.

And thankfully they either do not seem to know about this forum, or cannot read English. Either way many of us are saved from sedition charges, and a decade or so in prison. Hooray! 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

Agree totally, testing has been nowhere near at a high enough volume to get an accurate picture....

Any such imagined numbers and falsely clairvoyant forecasts should never be used as an accurate barometer. 

Unfortunately, this is occurring the world over.

16 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes, the provincial travel news seems to be more fiction, from a group that only seems to know falsehoods, lies, and deception. Nobody I have spoken with has encountered any travel issues, other than trying to get onto the islands. 

Most locals are traveling - to and fro - as they wish. With little or no resistance or enforcement.......

Though, the situations might take on a different dynamic in and around BKK Metro, where the highest spikes are originating.

• Like 1