More lockdown measures will lead to record low tourism revenue figures, TAT chief

webfact

9 hours ago, robblok said:

I guess you don't understand one bit of it. If they have dollars and they want to help people in Thailand they will use baht. So they will be buying baht with dollars so that would increase the demand for baht. Only if imports exceed exports will the baht drop more. As imports are usually paid in dollars or euros exports will go mainly in baht. 

Where did you study economics ?

Why would they buy baht to help Thais, where are they helping Thai citizens……..sorry you keep missing the point perhaps I should use easier language so you understand the point????

9 hours ago, Uroller said:

Why would they buy baht to help Thais, where are they helping Thai citizens……..sorry you keep missing the point perhaps I should use easier language so you understand the point????

I think its an educational problem you have no clue about economics.

Do you think all the covid measures are paid in dollars or Baht ? Baht of course as the Thai government almost has no dollar costs. Exports are more then imports so there is a surplus of dollars the moment they exchange it for Thai baht they increase the value of the Thai Baht. 

Maybe you should study more. I am an accountant and tax advisor with an university degree in accounting. Not sure what your field is but its not economics.

40 minutes ago, robblok said:

I think its an educational problem you have no clue about economics.

Do you think all the covid measures are paid in dollars or Baht ? Baht of course as the Thai government almost has no dollar costs. Exports are more then imports so there is a surplus of dollars the moment they exchange it for Thai baht they increase the value of the Thai Baht. 

Maybe you should study more. I am an accountant and tax advisor with an university degree in accounting. Not sure what your field is but its not economics.

No need to get personal

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

No need to get personal

Sorry but if someone is so thick that he does not understand this but makes a big bold statement about something and then still does not get it after 2 replies from me how things work then sorry I get personal. 

If you make a statement someone corrects you and you don't even look into the reasons why you were wrong but keep acting dumb instead of looking things up then i get irritated.

I have no clue why people with obviously no economic background make such statement and then when corrected still act like they are right. So yea i called him clue less. 

27 minutes ago, robblok said:

Sorry but if someone is so thick that he does not understand this but makes a big bold statement about something and then still does not get it after 2 replies from me how things work then sorry I get personal. 

If you make a statement someone corrects you and you don't even look into the reasons why you were wrong but keep acting dumb instead of looking things up then i get irritated.

I have no clue why people with obviously no economic background make such statement and then when corrected still act like they are right. So yea i called him clue less. 

Chill out man it's no big deal 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Chill out man it's no big deal 

Im ok, just hold the view that if you make big bold statements you better know what your talking about. That is why you wil never see me make statements about home improvement or mechanics. 

This is just factual wrong not an opinion but a fault in how things work. Opinions are different things.

Sorry just a bit professional pride, if you don't know how exchange rates work then don't comment on it.

• Confused 1