Anecdote of farang vaccination attempt

I live in a small village in Ampur Ban Dung, Udon Thani.  Lately, a local liaison has been working with the hospital in Ban Dung to schedule vaccinations when available.  Two days ago, my "wife" and I were contacted and registered for the next vaccination - which was yesterday.

We went in at the scheduled time and discovered there were two main groups (don't know why) and we were in the 2nd group.  We waited 3 hours in 75% RH until our group started moving.  Got to the first station which seemed to be getting a printout of personal information (name, address, etc.)  Went to the 2nd station which was ostensibly entry to the "system".  The woman at that station immediately glared at me and informed my wife that farang without Thai ID cannot be entered.  That it will be at least 3 months to be able to do that.  To me it was obvious that she just didn't know how to enter a farang and therefore cannot.  Obviously, trying to argue was not going to work so I waited for my wife to complete the jab.  I realize that had I had the "pink ID" I probably would have been processed, but I don't.  I worked for 10 years and paid millions of baht in Thai tax but at that time I don't think there was a "pink ID" and never got one.  Now, it appears that marriage is a requirement for that but, for me or my "wife", there is no other advantage to doing that not to mention the hassle and expense.  

If Thailand is serious about vaccinating foreigners, it seems "the system" would allow for that (and probably does) along with instruction for doing so.

Not happy about this.

• Thanks 1

We have told already here many times that a pink ID is very important for Thai people, especially hospitals and banks ; many times I have been asked for my ID thai card , not my passport ( that I have never with me except  if I know I have to present if , i.e immigration ) 

1 minute ago, KarenBravo said:

I don't know if it's the same all over Thailand, but in Phuket, any foreigner wanting vaccination has to get the Okay from immigration to confirm that you are eligible.

You need to be on immigration's computer system.

she didn't want to see even his visa, or any other documents, like former employment and payed tax

I am starting to think there is no national system as in TIT. I have been registered with immigration for over 25 years.  Except for drivers license, have never been asked for them to verify anything. 

• Like 2

@bankruatsteveI don't have a Pink ID, but this is the advice my local hospital publishes, and it works.

"Kindly contact Hua Hin Hospital for assistance in modifying your passport number to 13-digit ID number, allowing you to register on the application"

So it seems that where there is a will there's a way.

would your tax records id number be the same as a Pink Thai id card number

looking at my phyathai2 1st jab paperwork there is a 13 digit id shown there, have never applied for pink id card

Edited by steve187
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, steve187 said:

looking at my phyathai2 1st jab paperwork there is a 13 digit id shown there, have never applied for pink id card

A friend suggested something similar. I plan to go into the Ampur next week with a copy of my final payment and see if I can get someone to give me a break. ????

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

I don't know if it's the same all over Thailand, but in Phuket, any foreigner wanting vaccination has to get the Okay from immigration to confirm that you are eligible.

You need to be on immigration's computer system.

Phuket sand box, a MAJOR exception in Thailand!

52 minutes ago, steve187 said:

Your 13 digit tax number would also be your pink card number. I had a tax id for many years before I got my pink card, when I got my card I noticed the number was the same as my tax id

Edited by wordchild
  • Like 1