serendipity: Chiang Mai's official unvaccinated expat t-shirt contest was just announced ! !

orang37

I just visited this forum today  a few minutes ago ... and ... t-shirt design was already being discussed: is that serendipity, or what ? ...because ...

When I found out this morning that Chiang Mai Province's Minister for Cultural Promotion, Khun Suwhat Haddaenowheah, announced a t-shirt design contest ... with the winning design to be mass produced, and given out free to expats and foreign tourists who were not yet vaccinated ... I was moved by his eloquent words:

"We maybe not get you big shot, but, we get you big t-shirt. You wear Thai people more friendly. "

Khun Suwhat was, of course, too tactful to say that one purpose of the design/shirt was to warn Thais.

I got to work in PhotoShop. The only Thai content not annotated in my prototype reads; "I have no money"  "ฉันไม่มีเงิน" at bottom.

I hope to see your entries, and I welcome any critique of my humble effort.

2106406345_callmefarang.thumb.png.eb8dfb9d1d4c338182a0a5eaf122c64d.png

no.JPG

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/31/2021 at 1:18 PM, pgrahmm said:

Let's all play the shame game -

Meanwhile they highjacked the 1.2 million doses shipment sent from the US intended for expats....

Perhaps the good honest unelected PM with the happiness he has brought us, would like to tell us how the 1.2 million doses were used.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/31/2021 at 8:18 AM, pgrahmm said:

Let's all play the shame game -

Meanwhile they highjacked the 1.2 million doses shipment sent from the US intended for expats....

I might be wrong, but where have you got that information? I only read that US would donate 1,2 million doses of vaccine.

If it were intended for expats, why in the world soo many doses. If you take away migrant workers, there are only about 250 000 expats in Thailand. And that number was before many choose to go back home due to Covid.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

I'll check again today but yesterday, I  would nominate the following for a T-Shirt:

Registration for the FIRST dose 
of the COVID-19 vaccination for foreign residents

dddd

Error (#476)

An internal server error occurred. 

The above error occurred while the Web server was processing your request.

Please contact us if you think this is a server error. Thank you.

NOTE UPDATE: 12:00 August 2, 2021

Your registration for the FIRST dose of COVID-19 vaccination is successful.
Once available appointment slot is sent to your email, please confirm within 24 hours.

Failure to confirm within 24 hours will result in the cancellation of your preregistration.

For those residing in provinces other than Bangkok and neighbouring provinces (Nakorn Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon), the Ministry of Public Health will assign a vaccination site in your area. Your vaccination allocation will be provided according to priorities set by the Ministry of Public Health, i.e. age group, vulnerability, high risk zone e.t.c

1 hour ago, remobb said:

My designs but I have had, sorry. I also did them in black t-shirt.

white front back mock up2.jpg

white front back mock up.jpg

You need to replace Astra Zeneca with Sinovac ????????????

And design one more:

"We got Pfizer, Americans get Sinovac"  

????????

Edited by The Theory
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Theory said:

You need to replace Astra Zeneca with Sinovac ????????????

And design one more:

"We got Pfizer, Americans get Sinovac"  

????????

I just might do that. Thanks for the idea,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

I might be wrong, but where have you got that information? I only read that US would donate 1,2 million doses of vaccine.

He's just a whiner who thinks the US should do everything for him. It was not sent with the intention of the US Expat's vaccination.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

He's just a whiner who thinks the US should do everything for him. It was not sent with the intention of the US Expat's vaccination.

I’m surprised that the Biden administration hasent made specific arrangements to get any and all US citizens vaccinated they are trying hard to save lives 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tug said:

I’m surprised that the Biden administration hasent made specific arrangements to get any and all US citizens vaccinated they are trying hard to save lives 

Most of us aren't black. Our life's don't matter.