Sometimes that little temperature controlled soldering iron just won't cut the mustard!

Crossy

8 minutes ago, GregTN said:

I have been eyeing one of those on Lazada and was wondering if they were any good or not.  I might have to go back and investigate it again now.

Ordered on wednesday, delivered thursday (local seller), 428 Baht for the 300W version. It did the job required of it perfectly. Chinese engineering at it's best. Wouldn't pass euro safety requirements, but we are not in europe! 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i105251987-s105874134.html

It's 'kin heavy so forget any precision control over the beast unless you are an olympic weightlifter. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Ordered on wednesday, delivered thursday (local seller), 428 Baht for the 300W version. It did the job required of it perfectly. Chinese engineering at it's best. Wouldn't pass euro safety requirements, but we are not in europe! 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i105251987-s105874134.html

It's 'kin heavy so forget any precision control over the beast unless you are an olympic weightlifter. 

I have one of them big buggers and the smaller one  as well.

I used to use the big one shoved inside a Quaker Oats tin when I was smoking meat. It sort of worked, but I gave up smoking meat a while ago.

I'm terrible at soldering...I only do it because I'm a guitar geek and sometimes you need to replace switches and the like...but I've got an non -working guitar hanging on the wall right now that needs a few cold joints redone...I've been procrastinating.....I guess I couldn't possibly make it any worse than it already is. Sigh...

• Haha 2