Banpatan House Plans Pranburi

I am in the processes of getting a bid and BOQ for building a house in Pranburi using House plans from Banpatan MD19. I was wondering if anyone has seen this identical house built anywhere so we might be able to take a look at it. Also we are looking for a house builder in the Pranburi hua hin area. Any help would be apreciated.

1 font Veiw.jpg

• Like 1

The Banpatan web page for that house shows some photos of finished houses - why don't you ask Banpatan if they can tell you where they are / give you the owner's contact details?

http://www.banpatan.com/361-2/

I quite like that design. I wouldn't worry about the flat roof, as long as it's laid with a proper drainage slope / drain points and properly sealed. You could maybe put solar panels on it, too, depending on budget. The property being raised off the ground is good for air circulation.

Any concrete roof will heat up and retain heat. More important is orientation of the property in terms of which rooms receive direct sunlight and for how long each day. If you're building on the coast in Pranburi and directly facing the sea, you'll get direct sunlight on that frontal glass till midday.

I'm sure you'll have thought about all these points. Good luck.

PS - reading the design spec I see the standard roof is metal sheet, not poured concrete, although that's an option (concrete would let you use the roof for seating if needed). Basic cost estimate is set at THB 1.9 million depending on materials, contractor profit margin etc so I guess double that ...) 

Edited by BKKBike09
Added content

Thanks guys, I absolutely have considered the window size and flat roof. The front two windows are  7 meters long by 2.5 meters (insane in this heat).  I eliminated the large left one completely and reduced the other by 25% while at the same time reducing or eliminating window all over the house. The window are way too big and way too many.

The roof is not flat but sloped metal. The blueprint calls for a measly 3% slope but the revised plan has been to increase the slope to almost 10%. The slope is enclosed within the box shape so the roof still appears flat. In my location having roof access would not improve my views and I am going for a large outdoor porch. The interior space has been rearranged to increased my front porch to 3m x 4m and wrap around the house.

I have also modified the interior layout by consolidating the two bathrooms upstairs into one large one. 

Thanks for your suggestions and input. I am waiting for the BOQ and bid from my first builder.

1322078716_3Dview.jpg.63acf5a7ffec2b2f76e108043f5096a7.jpg

unnamed.jpg

3 planscale.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I just received my BOQ from the builder and have my total estimated the total cost to build. I am coming in at abut 3.8 million baht for house, wall, and driveway with quite a bit of room for error. The land plot I have for this home is in 137 sq wah located in Pranburi. If anyone see this home anywhere that I may be able to look at it I would appreciate a heads up. Thanks