Chiang Mai: Hundreds of senior foreigners line up for Sinovac/AstraZeneca vaccine regime

webfact

3pm.jpg

Picture: Komchadluek

Komchadluek reported from McCormick hospital in Muang district of Chiang Mai in the north of Thailand as hundreds of foreigners aged over 60 lined up for vaccinations on Monday.

The media said that the ministry of public health had opened up registration via reboot.chiangmaihealth.go.th.

The foreigners will be vaccinated like others in Chiang Mai - first with Sinovac and then a second dose later with AstraZeneca. 

Signage in English was in evidence as 270-300 foreigners arrived according to their appointments on the first day.

It all went smoothly and the foreigners knew the routine.

In total 1,400-1,500 have registered for jabs and they will be accommodated through the whole of this week in a special area to prevent overcrowding. 

Some arrived alone and others with Thai relatives to assist them. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, NancyL said:

No, it wasn't.  The Facebook group, Covid International Community Support Chiang Mai, run by Ben Svasti Thomson reports 141 people. 

As you can see from my post above we are in agreement that the figure is a MAX of 142.  The missing one could be someone who checked in but did not complete the process for some reason.

PS;  Please not they shut up shop at 1500 so not many could have been processed between 1400-1500.

Edited by fangless

1 hour ago, TheFishman1 said:

I signup on Chiang Mai Wall  haven’t heard anything back yet TIT

Me too, so I just registered today in EXPATVAC website fast and without problem… waiting for appointment. Perhaps in this site we can get Aztra, moderna o Pifzer

Edited by Tarteso
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

Registered about 2 months ago on Wall of CM registration site, over 60, have a queue number but not an appt.  Checking daily, says "Your vaccine is not available now"  No SMS for appt either.

Thats because they found out you are going to Bangkok to get your vacination - 555

16 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

This begs the question:  if the Delta variant has become the dominant strain (over 70% in Thailand), and we know the low efficacies of SinoVac vs Delta—then why bother using it for a first shot?  Do they really think you’re going to catch last years original variant from Wuhan?

Entertainment and media system is very proficient with perceptual suggestion and the ordinary man just trust the institutions.

• Like 1

As I have been unable to uncover ANY scientific research regarding the effects of mixing the Sinovac and Astra Zeneca vaccines, I am extremely hesitant to reduce myself to absolute guinea pig levels. 

As much as I want to receive a vaccination, I cannot assume that this is a safe combination, and also note Sinovac's poor reputation with regard to fighting off the Delta variant of the Covid virus. 

Initially, I thought "any vaccine is better than no vaccine", but now I am not so sure. All things being equal, I think it best to mask up, social distance, wash hands, etc and wait for a vaccine that has been tested to be both safe and effective.