Court of Justice promises fair hearing in case of senior official's son in road rage attack on celeb's parents

webfact

22 hours ago, RobU said:

So what you are saying transferred to the English culture is that I must not say sir or madam as a sign of politeness and respect to a stranger or an elderly person. Young Healthcare professionals in the UK routinely use first names to helpless and elderly people without asking permission often it is the final indignity treating patients and elderly people like children. The Wai is not just given by children to adults it is given by adults to fellow adults as a mark of respect in place of the handshake which is used in the western world it is a good cultural norm in the present days of Covid since it show friendliness and respect without touching. Asian Culture is probably 7 or 8 thousand years old and the Wai is probably as old. western culture is just over 2 thousand. The Wai was probably developed because these cultures have endured many pandemics such as Covid.

Well no. What I am saying is exactly the opposite. In my country, we do say sir, or madam, as a sign of politeness. and it works. We do not feel the urge to fight, stab, beat up, or shoot someone, just because this someone said or did something menial that we did not like. Most likely because we are not shown elders as superior to us kids back home.

The Wai is typically used to greet someone older than us, unlike what you are writing. Kids are forced to perform this WAI to friend visiting the family house. Not surprising that when these kids get older, they do show that they are not kids anymore, and that in their turn, they want respect. Failure to obtain that, they typically become immature again, and show this lack of maturity with the violence typically seen in 5 or 6 year old boys, but now expressed with the strength of an adult, and weapons available to adults.