Court of Justice promises fair hearing in case of senior official's son in road rage attack on celeb's parents

webfact

8 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

I would suggest copying the ways children are brought up in other countries, where the tendency is not to fight, hit, stab and shoot at others because of a small mishap.

Like eliminating the practice of forcing children to 'Wai' at elders. Whatever it is supposed to do in this culture, it is not working.

Eliminating the use of 'Kha' and 'Khap' and the added 'Phohm' more recently. Whatever it is supposed to do to instill respect in this culture, it is not working.

And then add a bit of reminders from the authorities to help people think that double and triple parking is not polite, as well as being dangerous, help people think that if they get home, if, some 2 or 3 minutes later, that it is not such a big deal, and that there are athletic competition far better than competing for who has the most noisy motorbike on the road...

Must be a way to bring improvements here....

So what you are saying transferred to the English culture is that I must not say sir or madam as a sign of politeness and respect to a stranger or an elderly person. Young Healthcare professionals in the UK routinely use first names to helpless and elderly people without asking permission often it is the final indignity treating patients and elderly people like children. The Wai is not just given by children to adults it is given by adults to fellow adults as a mark of respect in place of the handshake which is used in the western world it is a good cultural norm in the present days of Covid since it show friendliness and respect without touching. Asian Culture is probably 7 or 8 thousand years old and the Wai is probably as old. western culture is just over 2 thousand. The Wai was probably developed because these cultures have endured many pandemics such as Covid.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

And then add a bit of reminders from the authorities to help people think that double and triple parking is not polite, as well as being dangerous,

You have to be careful about this. I remember reading that a 'security guard' told a soldier on Rama 4 Road in Bangkok that he couldn't double-park and the soldier shot him. Such is the culture, where everyone must know their place or else. No wonder so many Thais eventually explode.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

They should make a TV series in Thailand: hi-so fighting with hi-so - or do you know who my father is?

I am sure everybody would watch it.

That would be a brilliant series.  Could sell it worldwide.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Paul Henry said:

This case should be heard in the "TRUMP" court of justice. As both families are hi so they are above the law. The by standers should be charged for an illegal gathering.

Your comment has little merit for assigning what type court this case should be heard at. Focus.

22 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

What a shame that the court even has to make that statement! Says a lot about Thailand and where its at.

My thoughts too, if they have to openly say no favours will be shown and justice will be done... you already know it won't.

This will be a done deal behind closed doors with a Wai and a loaded handshake.

The real horror of this story is the fact that they were buying KFC to eat....OMG!  Why Thailand, why?  Your population will look like Obese Americans in 5 years!  Stop the madness!!!  Stay away from American fast food.....trust me, we are experiencing an epidemic of diabetes, heart diseases and obesity!!!!!

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

The real horror of this story is the fact that they were buying KFC to eat....OMG!  Why Thailand, why?  Your population will look like Obese Americans in 5 years!  Stop the madness!!!  Stay away from American fast food.....trust me, we are experiencing an epidemic of diabetes, heart diseases and obesity!!!!!

There is nothing wrong in eating KFC or McDonalds once in a while. If you eat it 2 or 3 times a day, then yes, there may be a problem.

• Like 1