Free AZ vax at BHP in Pattaya

NewGuy

I just got an sms from Bangkok Hospital Pattaya with a internet link. I am an existing patient. I filled out the form that came up (had difficulty with dob section, but completed it). There were no spots open til Aug 26. I pressed submit and off it went. Then it told me to take a photo of the form which didn’t work so I called them and they sent an email confirmation. I asked if my Thai wife could get a shot? No, only foreigners. And the shot is free, paid for by the government. Happy but …. my French landlord got J&J, and Pfizer shots are turning up in Bangkok … see recents posts.

• Haha 1

I got the AZ shot there last Friday. I don't if it was my application months ago, or something the wife did.... but got appointment the day before. There were Thais there getting shots too.... one group of 5-6 young ladies had same company work shirt on... overall a good experience and was free.

You might try bugging them a few times, maybe ask "has someone cancelled? I could come in quickly" etc

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Emdog said:

You might try bugging them a few times, maybe ask "has someone cancelled? I could come in quickly" etc

Yes, of course. Just demand more. Do not at all be happy it´s free. In my opinion it´s better to shut up and say thanks!

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, of course. Just demand more. Do not at all be happy it´s free. In my opinion it´s better to shut up and say thanks!

My suggestion was for getting an appointment. I did not use the word "demand", so maybe read it again. The vaccine is free. Not getting the vaccine is also free. If you shut up, then I suppose you could say "Thanks for nothing". Powers that be aren't going to come looking for you. If you snooze, you lose

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Emdog said:

My suggestion was for getting an appointment. I did not use the word "demand", so maybe read it again. The vaccine is free. Not getting the vaccine is also free. If you shut up, then I suppose you could say "Thanks for nothing". Powers that be aren't going to come looking for you. If you snooze, you lose

No, your suggestion was to push for it, to see if you could get in front of the line instead of waiting for your turn. 

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

No, your suggestion was to push for it, to see if you could get in front of the line instead of waiting for your turn. 

You're assuming there is a line. When I got my shot, there was a group of young Thais from a company also waiting... do you think they waited their turn? Plenty of businesses and others with "pull" aren't waiting in line. Whether the person in charge decides to give you an appointment is up to them. Squeaky wheel gets oiled, as they say

23 minutes ago, Emdog said:

You're assuming there is a line. When I got my shot, there was a group of young Thais from a company also waiting... do you think they waited their turn? Plenty of businesses and others with "pull" aren't waiting in line. Whether the person in charge decides to give you an appointment is up to them. Squeaky wheel gets oiled, as they say

Yes, and as a single foreigner asking or complaining for a pass in the line you got much PULL! Right! Now I will go laugh myself to death.