Phuket Sandbox celebrates one month anniversary as it brings in 800 million THB

snoop1130

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Previously, the Governor of Phuket had issued an order to forbid travel into the island by any means, from 11 pm to 4 am, except 12 fully vaccinated groups, including staff transporting medication and food. The order is currently in effect until 16th August, 2020.

So, during the day you can enter Phuket freely?  ????????

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, petermik said:

Welcome to the Phuket Sandbox holidaymakers,unfortunately we must now inform you all entertainment and bars are closed alcohol sales in restaurants banned and swimming pools out of bounds for a minimum of 14 days...in the meantime enjoy your stay TOT............

tourist   :     aha ,   excuse sir ,    am I allowed to take have a  s_it   ,         ????

Saw some photos posted by a friend of their trip through the Sandbox before they returned up country to their home they have been away from for over a year.  They spent some of the Millions on a nice catamaran trip around the Islands.  Not sure how they managed to stay on it overnight, I never asked, but then the trip itself was a cheap 10k baht and included all meals for the family of 4 with no one else on the catamaran.  He indicated that the 14 days SHA+ accommodations all food and all they did ran him approx. 240k Thb, or an average of 17000 baht per day or 4250 baht per person per day.  He said in normal times he would have spent 200K for just a 7 day trip to Phuket with the family doing much the same.  Not sure how people are making any money unless they are also being subsidized by the government.  Cheap as chips he said.  He had the FIL drive down to the Island and pick them up after the wonderful holiday was over.  I would expect that the majority of the money is coming from true returnees.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I would expect that the majority of the money is coming from true returnees.

Right now it is.  But wait for the first true cold snap in Europe, the USA and Canada.  Marking the start of high season.

Lots of pent up demand for people to escape for awhile.

Or it may crash and burn if they don't manage it right.

Edited by impulse
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The top 5 nationalities arriving in Phuket by air, are Americans, Israelis, Thais, British, Germans and French via airlines such as Thai Airways, Emirates Airline, Singapore Airline and Ethihad.

Seems like a lot of Thais are longing after summer vacation in their home country...????

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, petermik said:

Welcome to the Phuket Sandbox holidaymakers,unfortunately we must now inform you all entertainment and bars are closed alcohol sales in restaurants banned and swimming pools out of bounds for a minimum of 14 days...in the meantime enjoy your stay TOT............

Yep.  Living that dream now.  More stray cats than people on Bangla Road.  High surf means no swimming.  At least I can drink alcohol on my rain-soaked SHA+ balcony.  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

To celebrate the 1 month anniversary of the Sandbox (scam) scheme the Government and TAT had a party and gifts were handed out in the form of brown envelopes to thank everyone for such an amazing job in saving the economy 

• Like 1

There is no such thing as a 1 month anniversary. There's no such thing as a 6 month anniversary. There is no need to say 1 year anniversary, or similar. An anniversary is an annually recurring date. From Latin, a similar word with the same derivation is used by the French, bless them, as birthday. You don't get six month birthdays...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, steven100 said:

it's bs. 800mil in the middle of covid ...   please don't insult our intelligence. it's total bs.  

I highly doubt the 800mil is being spent at 7elevens per your post I qouted.

Lots of BS.

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2021 at 6:51 AM, steven100 said:

generated  800mil baht .......  total bs, didn't the other guy admit they wouldn't get 100k visitors over 3 months ?

Every time TOT opens their mouth, a new number comes out.  

• Haha 2