Anyone living in Thailand ever have a bunion on the sole of their foot? Im in pain.

bbabythai

I'm soon to see a foot surgeon about the swelling on the ball of my foot. Suspected hallux valgus. My big toe is bended towards the others. 

Google dr says:

A bunion, also known as hallux valgus, is a deformity of the joint connecting the big toe to the foot. The big toe often bends towards the other toes and the joint becomes red and painful. The onset of bunions is typically gradual. Complications may include bursitis or arthritis.

Im interested to know if any other members have experienced surgery to fix this. How long until you fully recover from this surgery. Im interested to know when I might be able to run again based on your past experiences of this?

After surgery how long did the pain last for? How many days. 

thanks

If it's on the ball of your foot, it's not a bunion, although having a bunion on that foot could cause a callus to develop on the ball of the foot.  Check out this Wikipedia article, with several pictures of a bunion: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunion

The callus on the bottom of your foot is called a plantar callus and having a bunion could cause it.  https://www.healthline.com/health/plantar-callus#outlook  However, the callus can be treated without bunion surgery.  If it's severe, the doctor can soak your foot to soften it and remove it with a scalpel.   This won't hurt because the doctor is removing dead skin.  If it's not severe, you can treat it with chemically treated pads or creams, as described in the Healthline article.

Once under control, keep the sole of your foot callus-free.  Get a foot scraper in the foot hygiene section of Boots or other drugstore.  Use it after showering at least 3 or 4 times weekly.  Get a good pedicure at least once a month.

I had double bunion surgery in my early 40s and it took more than 12 weeks before I was back to normal.  Fortunately swimming was my sport of choice, so I could get back to swimming as soon as the stitches came out.  The really bad bunion, on my left foot returned and now is worse than it was when I was young.  The propensity to have a plantar callus on that foot continued, but surprisingly has left this past year as I have done nothing but stay in my condo wearing house slippers and exercising either in the condo pool or on our rowing machine wearing socks.  

If I had it to do over again, I would not have bunion surgery.  It was a very long, painful recovery during a time in my life when I traveled extensively for business.  Part of my job involved visiting customers in chemical plants and refineries and I discovered that some would not admit visitors with canes, crutches, a foot boot or limited mobility due to safety concerns.  

Recently I had a swelling on the sole of my left foot which affected my ability to assert any weight as it caused much pain. I am quite sure that the swelling was due to a new wrong fit shoe. My foot was swollen on the sole as well as on the top. I iced the my foot daily and applied inflammatory gel and was able to bring down the swelling to a point that I am able to walk without much pain. Took a long while though and I am still nursing slight plain on my bunion after 3 weeks but no swelling and I can walk normal. Jogging and tennis have to wait. I heard bunion takes a long time to be fully healed. Just my personal experience.