Opposition parties disagree over the transfer of Covid relief funds to the central budget

webfact

te1.jpg

By Erich Parpart

Opposition parties are taking issue with the Pheu Thai Party’s decision to support a motion by the government to move a budget worth 16.3 billion baht into the central emergency budget, effectively placing it under the control of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha.

“I will resign as a member of parliament and end my political career if the money is used for anything else but to help the people,” Yutthapong Charassathien, Pheu Thai’s deputy leader, said on Wednesday.

According to the party’s secretary-general, Prasert Jantararuangtong, the budget of 16 billion baht cannot be used for anything other than helping people affected by the Covid outbreak or it would be illegal.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/30875/opposition-parties-disagree-over-the-transfer-of-covid-relief-funds-to-the-central-budget/

ti.jpg
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Opposition parties are taking issue with the Pheu Thai Party’s decision to support a motion by the government to move a budget worth 16.3 billion baht into the central emergency budget, effectively placing it under the control of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha.

Kiss that lot goodbye then.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

the budget of 16 billion baht cannot be used for anything other than helping people affected by the Covid outbreak or it would be illegal.

Since when has this EVER bothered corrupt politicians!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

I will resign as a member of parliament and end my political career if the money is used for anything else but to help the people,” Yutthapong Charassathien, Pheu Thai’s deputy leader, said on Wednesday.

Bye bye then. 

• Haha 1