Brit in Chiang Mai fancied himself as modern day Robin Hood - selling drugs to help the poor

webfact

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

That is NOT a lot of drugs .

I hope that he can prove that the money in his accounts was made by his legal solar business .

Ummmmmmm it's illegal drugs, hopefully they get banged up for a very long time and loose everything.

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Maybe he was being sincere and they really were helping folks out. Frankly, I think this "war on drugs" is ridiculous. Especially ganga. An absolutely juvenile quest, that does little to nothing to stop the flow. If someone wants drugs, they will find them. And here 99% of the ganga "arrests" result only in the enrichment of the local franchisee cop. 

I agree to a certain extent especially drugs like gang. If someone ruins their life with drugs then it is not a problem. The problem is it is rarely just their own life that is blighted. Partners, children, neighbours, crime victims and tax payers end up with the fallout. Legal drugs and prescribed drugs can do harm as well but most of us can handle them. Once you start things like cocain alarm bells should start ringing as if you need illegal drugs you have a problem. Compared to tobacco and alcohol, the odd joint now and then seems relatively harmless. Personally I am perfectly happy with a few beers and have absolutely no need for anything stronger. 

My secret - for every high there is an equal low. Once I realised that there was no point wanting more than beer. I found space cakes in Amsterdam interesting but not worth breaking a law for. Tried fans when I was young but just coughed. Smokers, to me, appear to be fighting off the depression of the craving far more than actually getting a positive kick so even without the downsides not worth bothering with and I  don't need to be cool, which seemed the reason my mates started to smoke.

Time for my first Leo, with ice and lime, of the day.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, allanos said:

A new twist on the classic tale! So far, we have a modern Robin, a Maid Marion, and even the Sheriff of "Nottingham", or Chiang Mai at least, in the form of the redoubtable Police Colonel.

Do we have waiting in the wings, yet to be revealed, a Friar Tuck, a Will Scarlet or even a minstrel, an Alan O'Dale? 

Is there more to this plot which is yet to be uncovered?

Pol Col Thawatchai Pongwiwattanachai lost a rare opportunity to identify himself as the Sheriff of Nottingham. Then our Robin Hood would have perfectly understood the reason for his arrest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The media quoted him as saying that he thought this was acceptable behaviour and that he was doing a good thing. 

You did it for a good life... now have a look at the down side of peddling drugs.

Enjoy a small cell with Friar Tuck.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, khunPer said:

But it seems like the modern Robin Hood first got enough for two cars, a luxury house, and 20 loaded bank books - I however recall a story about a guy living a plain life in the woods, but perhaps moderns days' Robins are different...????

..well you have to build your confidence and self esteem first...pride goeth before a fall...sad for all those affected by the drugs they bought from him/her.

22 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Pol Col Thawatchai Pongwiwattanachai lost a rare opportunity to identify himself as the Sheriff of Nottingham. Then our Robin Hood would have perfectly understood the reason for his arrest.

I thought Robin always made the Sherriff look like a blithering idiot? 

How old will he be when this pusher is finally released?

Will he even live that long?

If he does ever get out of prison, assuming he is found guilty, what will Chiang Mai look like, then?

This guy must be a real risk taker.

I would like to know what is going through his mind at this moment.

So now the police have access to his 'druggy line' account, do they go forth and pursue the Hi So's that are involved in the consumption and possible redistribution of his little network ? Or is that too much work...............................

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I agree. However, the war on drugs has failed miserably. And millions are in prisons for ganga possession. Wasted lives and resources. And for what? 

I would like to see all drugs made legal. Like in Portugal. But, at a minimum stop with the arrests for harmless drugs like ganga. Alcohol and many prescription drugs are infinitely more dangerous. 

Drugs are not legal in Portugal.

Educate yourself:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_Portugal#:~:text=Consumption and possession,-In Portugal%2C recreational&text=Portugal signed all the UN,punishable crime) but repression persists.

But I agree that the war on drugs failed miserably and was won by the drugs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

That is NOT a lot of drugs .

I hope that he can prove that the money in his accounts was made by his legal solar business .

In the country where one can buy cannabis in a coffeeshop, and small amounts for personal consumption are tolerated, over 30 gram is regarded a commercial quantity, more than one Xtasy pill ditto.
55 gram Cocaine is some 300 to 500 rails, me thinks that is a very commercial quantity.