Krabi: No truth to 500 baht "entry fee" says provincial deputy, they are paying for antigen tests

webfact

7pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The deputy governor of Krabi in the south of Thailand told Daily News there was no truth to rumors online that bent officials were charging people 500 baht just to get in the province.

On a visit to one of three main checkpoints between Surat Thani and his province in Plai Praya district Anuwat Modphring said that the truth of the matter was that a private organisation or hospital had set up a tent one or two kms from a checkpoint to sell antigen kits to people crossing so that they would not have the bother of having to return home. 

Measures are in place to stop travel for people not vaccinated with two jabs of Sinovac or at least one of Astra Zeneca or an antigen test.

In total there are 35 backroutes between the provinces and the deputy governor said that kamnans and phuyai ban had been instructed to stop people trying to circumvent the regulations and sneak into Krabi illegally from now until 15th August. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, phetphet said:

Can buy those tests in the pharmacy for between 300 -390 baht.

Yeah but you have to get out of the car and walk to buy those... 500 baht with the air-con on full blast is the Thai option.

49 minutes ago, phetphet said:

MrJ2U. Can you provide a link please? I looked yesterday but could not find. 

Check on Alibaba.

Remember that Thailand only allows the ones that they buy then resell to pharmacies.  

I've yet to see any pharmacies that sell them in my parts of Issan.

• Like 1