Express Medicines Delivered to COVID Patients at Home

snoop1130

377435-1-1536x864.jpg

BANGKOK, Aug 5 (TNA) – The Department of Disease Control deployed 60 volunteer motorcyclists to send medications and essentials to COVID-19 patients at their homes in Bangkok.

Dr Opas Karnkawinpong, director-general of the department, said the 60 volunteers called “Super Riders” were ready to deliver painkillers, green chiretta capsules, thermometers, oximeters, hand sanitizer gel and face masks. They already sent such items to over 100 patients who were asymptomatic or had mild symptoms at home.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-752969

tnalogo.jpg

It's been reported that there are currently 100,000 patients in home isolation in Bangkok, each supposedly receiving drugs, medical equipment, telemedicine consultations, and three meals a day delivered to their dwelling. Does anyone know whether that's really happening? If so, how? This article talks about 60 volunteers delivering medical supplies only - no meals - to only 100 people, implying that tens of thousands of delivery people would be needed to actually fulfill the promises made for the home isolation program.

2 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

"..waste  of  money..."

I wasn't aware that Paracetamol can measure your oxygen in the blood.  Personally, if I had COVID and was at home, I'd be VERY grateful for anyone that could lend me any oximeter.  Sounds like a very kind & intelligent offer for which one should be grateful.

• Like 1