Parking at Bangsue Central

GuyDow

I have a vaccination appointment at Bangsue Central next week and, since I don't live in Bangkok, I was thinking of driving in and using the parking at the station. Has anyone used the parking recently and have any comments? I don't want to drive there and find it's unusable or full or anything like that.

4 minutes ago, tonray said:

There is plenty of parking beneath the building. 

Indeed there is but should also be aware that it has been a nightmare with traffic congestion getting in and out.....allow PLENTY of time if coming by car.

I came from Chonburi and chose to drive to Suvarnabhumi airport, park, them take the Airport Link to Makkassan (walk to Petchaburi MRT station) then train to Bang Sue.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Indeed there is but should also be aware that it has been a nightmare with traffic congestion getting in and out.....allow PLENTY of time if coming by car.

I came from Chonburi and chose to drive to Suvarnabhumi airport, park, them take the Airport Link to Makkassan (walk to Petchaburi MRT station) then train to Bang Sue.

Yes...if you can take the MRT in...always the best option 

7 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I would certainly avoid driving to Bang Sue at present. 

There are several Park and Ride areas on the MRT and BTS dependant on which direction you are coming from.

My GF insists on driving everywhere, but seeing how exposing her to thousands of potential virus carriers would be foolish, and the traffic congestion, I took the MRT solo from our house in Bang Yai Nonthaburi...easy and efficient. (and I got to girl watch at the vaccination center without getting smacked). But most other farang had their wives and girlfriends (who were not getting jabs) with them for whatever reason...hand holding ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tonray said:

But most other farang had their wives and girlfriends (who were not getting jabs) with them for whatever reason...hand holding ?

Probably there in case anything went wrong and needed a native Thai speaker to bang some heads together. I tend to do be quite independent with things like this but it's nice to know my wife is there when potential side effects are concerned, and for the drive home. 

3 minutes ago, alien365 said:

Probably there in case anything went wrong and needed a native Thai speaker to bang some heads together. I tend to do be quite independent with things like this but it's nice to know my wife is there when potential side effects are concerned, and for the drive home. 

The place is full of nurses and doctors in case of side effects. The biggest issue is exposure to thousands of people during a Covid crisis. If you don't need to be there you really shouldn't. OK..just my opinion

There are several above ground open parking areas with security on the western side of Bang Sue, across the road from the Bang Sue station. There is also underground parking on the eastern side of BangSue, I'm not sure if there is underground access on the western side. As previously stated the main access routes in and out can get hellishly congested, though at the moment the access roads have <deleted> all traffic inbound to Bangsue. I can see the major roads into Bangsue Station from my condo window and the traffic has died down a lot since last week when walk in vaccines were drawing in the crowds.

Easiest by far is public transport on BTS or MRT if you are close to either system.

• Thanks 2