Anti-government protest scheduled in several provinces today

webfact

2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

With the covid issues an election would be the last thing this country needs.  

First it means that there would be large gatherings.

People would be politicking while others are dying

Then of course there is the time frame between when one party loses and another takes over that is completely screwed up in all countries

While I agree that a change might be the best thing I think that it is possible for the PM to approach the king and state that he has lost the faith of the people and wishes to dissolve the government.  The Legal opposition would then be given the chance to create a government.

BUT REMEMBER there  is no legal opposition that would not require an alliance with some of the same cronies that are part of the current alliance.

You can get around the large gatherings - online rallies and equal access to the media, without grim faced fellows in tight brown uniforms and buzz haircuts scouring social media!

As for a period of time during changeover in which things are screwed up the change could be, should be, down to 48 hours or so - old team out, new team in. The delays here are down to a reluctance to accept poll results, and time spent looking for reasons to and attempting to disqualify parties and MPs. Besides, if things were screwed up would anyone notice?

Oh, and of course, when the election is called, the puppet Senate goes into recess until the new government is in place!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ArcticFox said:

You'd see the military called up to repress the public with extreme prejudice before anyone in the current government would step down.  They have the guns; they've used them before.  Many times.  I doubt they're shy to use them again if the public turns against them.

Yes, the Police have not been seriously troubled yet.  If they were the Army is there.  If the Army was ever ineffective there is another level ready and waiting.

Hopefully all these forces will all crumble from within.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ArcticFox said:

You'd see the military called up to repress the public with extreme prejudice before anyone in the current government would step down.  They have the guns; they've used them before.  Many times.  I doubt they're shy to use them again if the public turns against them.

They have the guns; they've used them before.  Many times.  I doubt they're shy to use them again if the public turns against them.

True, around 20 years ago (modern history) the army ordered soldiers to shoot down unarmed mostly young protestors in the Soi Aree area of Bkk, some 200 killed, their bodies quickly thrown on army trucks and never seen again. 

Three powerful ruthless generals lead this action. The son of one of these generals just retired as the army chief, he had no hesitation to make political statements and obviously in love with the glory of the army.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

The only way to stop these protest is easy... PM and Government step down now.......all problems solved.. new constitution made by the people and new elections.....

It would concern me to change leadership in the midst of this worsening pandemic.... do you think a smooth transition could be achieved while maintaining the pandemic fighting efforts?

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

It would concern me to change leadership in the midst of this worsening pandemic.... do you think a smooth transition could be achieved while maintaining the pandemic fighting efforts?

No it is better to do the Thai way... make first big big problems ruin the country don't come with solutions and lock everyone with a critical opinion in jail... In other countries there could be elections too in the pandemic.. Why hide behind false reasons??? Before the elections can be hold there is at least 6 months later... or go ahead like now and bring the country to bankruptcy... Choices to make. And yes the new Government has to clean first the rubbish this Government has made and restore the community and that can not be done in a month. That will take years Thanks to Prayuth

Would love to see the students / protesters do a mass boycott of ALL CP stores (what are they all?) to include 7/11s across the nation.  If they can get enough people doing this it might hurt and force the PM out.  They can hit social media too with "Say NO to CP and say NO to Sinovac".

Not sure regular Thais can go without 7/11 though ... 

The boycott should be extended to Red Bull as well!

Edited by HaoleBoy
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

The only way to stop these protest is easy... PM and Government step down now.......all problems solved.. new constitution made by the people and new elections.....

wishful thinking .... the guys rear end is super glued to the seat/position

• Like 1