Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Online Vaccine Registration Open At Khon Kaen Bangkok Hospital

fishtank

Had my first AZ jab yesterday at Central Plaza Khon Kaen. It all went smoothly and given an appointment for 2nd. jab on 22 October, 9 weeks away.

A friend's wife went along to the vaccination session at Central KK yesterday to see if she could get him vaccinated that day. She was told there was nothing available for foreigners until 12th. September.

This morning, she got a call from Bangkok Hospital KK to tell her that 15 foreigners hadn't turned up for their appointments yesterday so there was some vaccine to spare. 

He's being vaccinated tomorrow. 

Good on Bangkok Hospital KK for being proactive on this. My friend's 87 years old and I like to think his vulnerability due to age was a factor in the hospital's actions. The lack of consideration shown by some who didn't turn up, in that they didn't call to cancel, was a bonus for him.

• Like 1

I had my first AZ shot through Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen already and was given an appointment for the second shot 2 months later.
Everything went very smooth, the vaccination was entered in my yellow international vaccination certificate and added to Mor Phrom App.
Just make sure your passport number and (if you have) Thai ID number are both entered in their sytem - if not they will assign you a new ID number.

• 2 months later...
On 8/24/2021 at 12:36 PM, Brew said:

... Just make sure your passport number and (if you have) Thai ID number are both entered in their sytem - if not they will assign you a new ID number.

Had my second AZ dose last Friday. 

When it came to the desk for issuing the Certificate of Vaccination, I presented my passport and Pink Card and asked that the 13-digit ID number be entered on the certificate.

When the certificate was in my hands, I checked it through and found I'd been allocated an ID number totally unrelated to that on my card (and hence Yellow Book). When I pointed out the mistake and asked for it to be corrected, the reply was "Cannot. You are not Thai people" (???) and she refused to change it. There was nobody senior there to raise the issue with, I was told.

An e-mail to bkn@bangkokhospitalkhonkaen has gone unanswered, which I expected.

Anybody know how, or even if, the certificate can be corrected?

I'm passing through KK on Friday so will call into Central Plaza to see if they're vaccinating that day and try to correct it. I might call into Bangkok Hospital KK if no joy at Central.

Edited by MartinL