Hua Hin recharge is still alive! Tourism rep thinks 100,000 tourists will spend 1.2 billion in Q4

webfact

What tourists? Domestic folks, many of whom now have no income?

Foreign tourists who are effectively banned?

Hisos for whom there is what attraction in Hua Hin?

The ferry service from Pattaya was not discontinued because of an overwhelming demand.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Krot told the meeting that if foreigners didn't have to quarantine from October 1st then 100,000 tourists would visit in the fourth quarter and they would spend 1,200,000,000 baht.

The men in white coats should come and take him away to safe padded place..

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 2

14 days quarantine is about $1000; plus another $150 for covid insurance. How much does that come to for 100,000 tourist ?  Try around 3,500,000,000 baht. Oh, that doesn't account for the cost to the tourist for air and a covid test before flying. I won't mention the aggravation involved in obtaining a COE.  

Other than a love interest why would any tourist visit Thailand with the current restrictions, costs, hoops and  red tape involved?

Edited by IAMHERE
spelling
  • Like 2

Maybe by November of 2022, most thai residents will have been vaccinated, and some businesses will be open.

I sure do not want to go and see any ghost towns, and that is what a lot of Thailand is looking like

these days.  Nor do I want to face the present fees and rules, and chances of having to quarantine

for 2 weeks.

Geezer

• Like 2