Phuket Sandbox - where to find rules?

radjag

6 minutes ago, phills2k1 said:

One more question, if people know

I'm currently on a 1 year multi-entry visa with a work permit, and returning from the US.  Does the requirement of remaining in your country of departure for 21 days prior to flying still apply?  Was potentially going to go to Canada within that time frame prior to leaving from the US

Thanks!

The rule is that You must have been in your departure origin country for at least 21 days.

That said, I think that you only have to attest to that, not sure if they check your passport for prior exit/entry stamps or dates.  And even if they do, my understanding is that your U.S. passport doesn't get stamped coming or going between the U.S. and Canada unless you request it for proof of entry purposes.

So...."up to you" on whether you want to be truthful/exercise good citizenship by disclosing where you have traveled. 

Source for the first part:  Thailand Sandbox Requirements / Plan / Model (asq.in.th)

1 hour ago, phills2k1 said:

One more question, if people know

I'm currently on a 1 year multi-entry visa with a work permit, and returning from the US.  Does the requirement of remaining in your country of departure for 21 days prior to flying still apply?  Was potentially going to go to Canada within that time frame prior to leaving from the US

Thanks!

Yes, the requirement of staying for 21 in approved countries is for everybody.

The general consensus is that you can travel between the approved countries but you have to confirm this with the Thai embassy where you apply the COE.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phills2k1 said:

Does the requirement of remaining in your country of departure for 21 days prior to flying still apply? 

the requirement is staying for 21 days in approved countries, not in the country of departure. 

You may travel to any approved country (I think that Canada is) an continue travel to Thailand. 

Or even returning home some days before and travel to Thailand from there.

28 minutes ago, Espanol said:

the requirement is staying for 21 days in approved countries, not in the country of departure. 

You may travel to any approved country (I think that Canada is) an continue travel to Thailand. 

Or even returning home some days before and travel to Thailand from there.

Thailand count indeed also for the 21 day rule ????

• 3 weeks later...

I am preparing my trip to Phuket at the moment. My trip should be around end of October, beginning of November.

I will be coming from Vietnam and most probably through Singapore.

I already few valuable answers in this thread but I have one more question:

I understand that as part of the requirements, you must book in advance and fully pay 3 Covid test that is part of the COE approval.

How do you do that? I mean where can you book?

1 hour ago, jphasia said:

I understand that as part of the requirements, you must book in advance and fully pay 3 Covid test that is part of the COE approval.

How do you do that? I mean where can you book?

Once you book your SHA + hotel, they will book PCR for you and will bill you 8000 bahts. 

Once you pay for them, hotel will send you certificate for COE. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Espanol said:

Once you book your SHA + hotel, they will book PCR for you and will bill you 8000 bahts. 

That used to be the way things worked, these days PCR tests booking has to be done via another website, I think PSAS 

21 minutes ago, Espanol said:

Ah perfect then. 

My company is paying all my expenses for my trip. I need indeed to provide all the details as I will be chosing the accomodations, flights but they will pay directly on my behalf. 

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

That used to be the way things worked, these days PCR tests booking has to be done via another website, I think PSAS 

I'm now on my 3rd day of sandbox. 

May be it's different now, because regulations change daily here, but I did it that way.