Sandbox SHA + hotel prices

EVENKEEL

35 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Check Patong beach very reasonable prices there and with breakfast thrown in, Agoda or Booking .com...

I really don't like Patong because of the rip off pre-covid prices and liked the idea of trying a different beach, that's all. I just shake my head that in a recovery time their idea of good business is to triple the rate. But, yeah I'll check out Patong prices when I return.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Sort of planning out my way back into Thailand. i understand high season but this one beachfront hotel in Karon tripled their price from Oct to Nov. Went from 14,000 tbh to 40,000 tbh. Amazing Thailand.

Every year hotels do this on November 1st. But to do it this year is either a mistake (very possible) or completely stupid!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I really don't like Patong because of the rip off pre-covid prices and liked the idea of trying a different beach, that's all. I just shake my head that in a recovery time their idea of good business is to triple the rate. But, yeah I'll check out Patong prices when I return.

Beyond Karon Resort? There is construction going on right next door, so their pool is really noisy. That could be the reason for the cheap prices now and an increase when the construction has finished.

• Like 2

In my experience, most hotels have lowered their prices. I completed the sandbox in July and will do it again in October. A 14 day stay with all taxes/fees plus breakfast at the Marriott Merlin, DoubleTree Hilton or Four Points Sheraton in Patong will cost between 21,000 and 28,000. Some have special Sandbox packages that are not listed on their websites so you should email and ask. 

Karon/Kata remains a ghost town so I'd avoid that area. Rawai and Kamala are more open, but you'd probably need a motorbike or car since things are more spread out. The beach road on Patong continues to have additional coffee shops and restaurants reopening so you could mostly walk if you stayed there. 

On 8/16/2021 at 4:41 AM, EVENKEEL said:

I'll check out Patong prices when I return

Palmyra Patong Resort Phuket.

+66 76 346 033

https://maps.app.goo.gl/qyXwP61Sdcy1nnxX8

4* hotel with gym, restaurant and swimming pool.

They emailed me with all the information to pay mandatory 3 PCR (8000 bahts) and secured transport from airport to hotel (800 bahts).

They managed everything and emailed me certificates for claiming COE and appointment for PCR tests. 

Note that I booked hotel in Agoda with free cancellation, but they emailed me SHA+ certificate anyway. 

Hotel is Near Jungceylon Shopping Center and Patong Hospital.

PCR appointment in Jungceylon Shopping Center too, so you can walk there.

Also 500 meters from the beach.

The total cost in Agoda for a de luxe room with swimming pool view, including breakfasts, was 10.000 bahts for 14 days. There also were cheaper rooms without views and also more expensive ones.

In October you may also book only one week in Phuket and then another week in somewhere else (Samui, Krabi,...)

• Thanks 1