Leaving Thailand

My friend has urgent need to return to UK.

I have given him the best info I can find but still have one question.  He lives in Suphan Buri province and the question is - he has to take a Covid test 72 hrs before flight.  He is under the impression the results certificate would be required at Suvarnabhumi in Thai [by Immigration and Thai Airways] and at Heathrow in English.  Is this correct? 

Thank you.

He needs a negative test and to fill out a passenger locator form on the brit government website showing two pre booked and paid for day 2 and day 8 tests of his return, he books and pays for those online before departure gets a reference number applies it to passenger locator form along with his address in Uk for self quarantine 10 days.

Red, amber and green list rules for entering England - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Thailand is an amber list country all info in link above website

To clarify yes a negative PCR covid test cerificate required at check in and the passenger locator form booking reference number for the two tests in the Uk day 2 and day 8 and the receipt for tests if possible, although havng the reference number from the booking is the only official requirement along with negative covid test certificate.

Good luck

Edited by sapson
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Shannoblic said:

he has to take a Covid test 72 hrs before flight.

And he needs the results before the flight.

He should be sure he gets the results as fast as he needs them.

As far as I know there are hospitals in Bangkok who have the results ready within hours after the test.

25 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

The UK will also accept the cheaper Covid tests.

Dont they still require a negative PCR test  circa 3000 baht with certificate before flying?

Cheaper test would be hospital or home kit antigen 350 baht, is their another test ?

No that is not correct. Documents will be in English for International flights, and only one set needed, though by all means make copies

The people that do a serious check are the airline employees when you check into your flight. Although yes, Thai Immigration does ask for them, when stamping you out. These documents are in English not Thai, although made by a Thai clinic. Additional docs may be required by the country your airline transits. If they are airline will e mail to you.. 

Docs were asked for and looked at by Airline as you checked in.

Thai Immigration asked for them, cursory glance just to verify you have them.

Changing flights  -  documents looked at again before boarding the connecting flight.

At Immigration on arrival also looked at. BTW that country was NOT the UK, what they do, Up2U to ascertain. 

Edited by LomSak27

I departed Thailand about one month ago for USA.  My Covid test results were checked by the ticket agent at check in counter and, as I recall, that is the only person to check them .

I was leaving at 7 AM and the airport was almost empty when I arrived at 5:30 AM. No waiting at check in counter or Immigration. Also both flights, from Bangkok to Japan to USA were essential empty.

Edited by kokopelli

On 8/16/2021 at 5:55 AM, Shannoblic said:

He is under the impression the results certificate would be required at Suvarnabhumi in Thai [by Immigration and Thai Airways] and at Heathrow in English.  Is this correct? 

Not quite. I traveled to the UK about 10 days ago, the docs are checked by the airline, not by immigration. The airline could check the test result quite thoroughly, as they did mine, but may only make sure the PLF has been completed rather than read it all. Needs to be careful with the test type, PCR is normally 72 hours and antigen 48 hours.

He will also need to book the Day 2 and Day 8 tests and enter the booking details on the PLF, if not done properly you cannot complete the form. I used Dante Labs, good service and £84 for the 2 tests.

I traveled via Germany and was checked quite thoroughly again at Frankfurt, this time the PLF was examined, would not be an issue with Thai Airways. At arrival in UK I passed through an E gate without speaking to anyone but there are notices all over that random checks will be carried out.

I did the 5 day test to release and if wants info on that you can PM me. I got my second dose of AZ exactly one week after arrival. The staff at the vaccination centre were horrified, jumped back like I was diseased. They had never heard of it, went to check, and then let me in.

The whole approach in the UK revolves around UK holidaymakers and international travelers are more of an inconvenience than anything.

47 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I got my second dose of AZ exactly one week after arrival. The staff at the vaccination centre were horrified, jumped back like I was diseased. They had never heard of it, went to check, and then let me in.

Did they give you the vaccination "certificate" for two doses? 

On 8/17/2021 at 4:09 PM, sandyf said:
On 8/16/2021 at 11:55 AM, Shannoblic said:

He is under the impression the results certificate would be required at Suvarnabhumi in Thai [by Immigration and Thai Airways] and at Heathrow in English.  Is this correct? 

NO. They are not required in Thai.